[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Xera Lite || MyOwnFreeHost Clientarea

9 hours ago, TitanHost said:

I understand how DNS works, I didn't know that's what it was waiting on. Without using Xera my customers accounts are created almost instantly, this way its three days. That's the bit I was referring to as a shame.

Some of the subdomains reffer as expired when they created on new hosting accounts using mofh. The only reason for 72 hours alert is to notify user not to worry if the domain is unaccessible. At the same time all of the account information is showing and everything is working fine. This only a warning message and it doesn't do anything. The account activates automatically once the Xera receive callback response from MOFH. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, TitanHost said:

Yeah, Im testing it out, there's a few bugs i.e like sending emails, they send but the support ticket ID doesn't carry across so the links don't work, but then I haven't been able to get account details yet since creating the accounts yesterday. Reason I haven't used MOFHY is due to the security flaw.

The reason is, you have to design your own email templates from admin panel. Due to some reason i didn't created email templates. You can use keywords in emails in orders to show user info in emails. Keywords can be found in the edit email page. 

Don't mind my english. I didn't take english classes. 

Edited by Mahtab Hassan

10 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

Some of the subdomains reffer as expired when they created on new hosting accounts using mofh. The only reason for 72 hours alert is to notify user not to worry if the domain is unaccessible. At the same time all of the account information is showing and everything is working fine. This only a warning message and it doesn't do anything. The account activates automatically once the Xera receive callback response from MOFH. 

In this case there must be something else wrong as the accounts are creating in MOFH but in Xera they are showing pending. If you use the domain checker they even show active.

2 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

The reason is, you have to design your own email templates from admin panel. Due to some reason i didn't created email templates. You can use keywords in emails in orders to show user info in emails. Keywords can be found in the edit email page. 

Don't mind my english. I didn't take english classes. 

Yes so in the edit email page its the tags that don't completely work

10 hours ago, TitanHost said:

In this case there must be something else wrong as the accounts are creating in MOFH but in Xera they are showing pending. If you use the domain checker they even show active.

Yes so in the edit email page its the tags that don't completely work

Which tags? 

On 6/7/2022 at 4:30 AM, Mahtab Hassan said:

Which tags? 

Apologies for the slow reply, been a tad busy.

I will test out the tags and let you know

The main issues I have with Xera is after a week it's still showing accounts as pending but has created them on VP side.

55 minutes ago, TitanHost said:

Apologies for the slow reply, been a tad busy.

I will test out the tags and let you know

The main issues I have with Xera is after a week it's still showing accounts as pending but has created them on VP side.

If you are using https protocol in the callback then just Change it to http protocol and create a new account everything will work fine.

1. You need to check who owns the domain name, and make sure it matches the owner of the person that created it in the first place

2. NEVER rely on POST information. Someone could modify this and access someone else’s builder account. You need to verify the owner

There is probably another thing or to, but since I don’t use PDO a lot, I probably missed it. 

2 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

1. You need to check who owns the domain name, and make sure it matches the owner of the person that created it in the first place

2. NEVER rely on POST information. Someone could modify this and access someone else’s builder account. You need to verify the owner

There is probably another thing or to, but since I don’t use PDO a lot, I probably missed it. 

Well by the way have you tried it?because:

in the domain section in view account page each domain have go to site builder button like file manager button.

Secondly, There is a CSRF system running so it is not possible to edit post data(as far as i though).

10 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

But someone could POST data directly to the function file, they don’t need to use the UI

CSRF generates a token while submitting a form and before proceeding the form the token is being verified. If token is correct then function will be executed else this will return an error. When using direct post you are unable to generate a valid token. That's all to be said next you should test it yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mahtab! Ive recently tried to install Xera but have gotten some errors

Ive made a github issues post (https://github.com/mahtab2003/Xera/issues/7)

Basically whenever I go to index.php, the main page and click the register hyperlink it goes to /u/register witch doesnt exist? The domin is https://control.cpvp.ga

Also your forum seems to have an error on signup image

40 minutes ago, im epok said:

Hey mahtab! Ive recently tried to install Xera but have gotten some errors

Ive made a github issues post (https://github.com/mahtab2003/Xera/issues/7)

Basically whenever I go to index.php, the main page and click the register hyperlink it goes to /u/register witch doesnt exist? The domin is https://control.cpvp.ga

Also your forum seems to have an error on signup image

Your question is already answered on github and for forum i have fixed it. 

• 1 year later...

Update: Routes updated for xera and fixed a few minor bugs.

Upcoming Updates: 

1. Self-signed SSL certificates Module for Xera (File-based) (Estimated Time: 2 Weeks).
  2. Update SMTP Module (Codeignitor 3) (Estimated Time: 1 Week).
  3. Add additional features modules (Estimated Time: Unknown).
  4. Migration from CI-3 to CI-4 (Additional support for PHP 8.x) (Estimated Time: Unknown).
  5. Built-in community forum for Xera (Estimated Time: Unknown).

That's it for now.

Edited by Mahtab Hassan
Added Todo list