[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

I invite you to review Snowflake! Hosting

Um, sorry to say that I would take one look at your homepage, leave, and never come back. 

Myself, like a majority of internet traffic these days, will make first contact with your site via mobile device (I do basic product research on mobile, as mobile browsing will tell me a lot more about the site then desktop browsing will. 

You site is not mobile friendly. You need to design mobile first, not mobile-afterthought. 

A few things I have noticed:

- You are calling yourself “Flake! Hosting”, but your domain is for “snow-web”, so that is not the best from a search engine perspective.

- The header navigation needs to be a dropdown

- The CTA button is half-missing, and you have to horizontal scroll

- Some sort of valid email notice is making a mess of the header. Also, too many commas in the part I can read. It sounds like you don’t want people to use invalid emails, but you don’t care. That’s not good. Either say “NO, don’t use valid emails”, or say nothing at all. Don’t say “eh, you can use whatever email you want. We want you to use a valid one, but we don’t really care”.

- Your intro text is getting cut off, and it desperately needs padding

-In the next section, your white icons on blue are incredibly tiny, I thought they were malformed bullet points. Either make ‘em bigger or remove them on mobile. 

- It’s “load balancing”, not “Balancing”.

- Way too many commas in the “Limited Ads” section. Also, it should be called “No Ads”, not “Limited Ads”.

- Replace “and etc.” with “etc.” (This occurs at least twice)

- It’s “Cron Jobs”, not “CRON”

- The “What do we actually provide” text is on top of other text

- With the grey-backed text, that shape is odd, and does not cover the entire text. Also, you don’t provide premium hosting, iFastNet does, so that is misleading.

- It’s 2nd level domain, not 2 level domain. And I think you provide subdomains (hello.example.com), not 2nd level domains (example.com).

- Don’t advertise incredibly small numbers. Just don’t. 

- You footer needs padding. Your footer links need padding. 

- The “other” link should be at the end, not stuck in the middle. And “other” what? Other legal stuff? Other resources? Other products? You footer is not organized. And what is “Mastodon”?

I did not create an account since it looks like you are just using Xera, but the image on the login screen is missing, unless you intended it to be a question mark (If you did intend that, change it). 

Also, you seem to not have a favicon…

34 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

Um, sorry to say that I would take one look at your homepage, leave, and never come back. 

Myself, like a majority of internet traffic these days, will make first contact with your site via mobile device (I do basic product research on mobile, as mobile browsing will tell me a lot more about the site then desktop browsing will. 

You site is not mobile friendly. You need to design mobile first, not mobile-afterthought. 

A few things I have noticed:

- You are calling yourself “Flake! Hosting”, but your domain is for “snow-web”, so that is not the best from a search engine perspective.

- The header navigation needs to be a dropdown

- The CTA button is half-missing, and you have to horizontal scroll

- Some sort of valid email notice is making a mess of the header. Also, too many commas in the part I can read. It sounds like you don’t want people to use invalid emails, but you don’t care. That’s not good. Either say “NO, don’t use valid emails”, or say nothing at all. Don’t say “eh, you can use whatever email you want. We want you to use a valid one, but we don’t really care”.

- Your intro text is getting cut off, and it desperately needs padding

-In the next section, your white icons on blue are incredibly tiny, I thought they were malformed bullet points. Either make ‘em bigger or remove them on mobile. 

- It’s “load balancing”, not “Balancing”.

- Way too many commas in the “Limited Ads” section. Also, it should be called “No Ads”, not “Limited Ads”.

- Replace “and etc.” with “etc.” (This occurs at least twice)

- It’s “Cron Jobs”, not “CRON”

- The “What do we actually provide” text is on top of other text

- With the grey-backed text, that shape is odd, and does not cover the entire text. Also, you don’t provide premium hosting, iFastNet does, so that is misleading.

- It’s 2nd level domain, not 2 level domain. And I think you provide subdomains (hello.example.com), not 2nd level domains (example.com).

- Don’t advertise incredibly small numbers. Just don’t. 

- You footer needs padding. Your footer links need padding. 

- The “other” link should be at the end, not stuck in the middle. And “other” what? Other legal stuff? Other resources? Other products? You footer is not organized. And what is “Mastodon”?

I did not create an account since it looks like you are just using Xera, but the image on the login screen is missing, unless you intended it to be a question mark (If you did intend that, change it). 

Also, you seem to not have a favicon…

Thanks for your review! I'll try to improve website.

8 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

You are calling yourself “Flake! Hosting”, but your domain is for “snow-web”, so that is not the best from a search engine perspective.

This strangely reminds me of Tomas' Quack! Hosting, that has it's main domain as quackweb. Strange similarity but I thought I'd share xD⁠

I stand with most, if not all, of TinkerMan's points otherwise and will offer a few of my own:

• It would be best to update to Xera's latest version, if possible (that is to say, if you haven't modified files that would be overwritten by the update). If not, applying some of the grammar fixes is not required, but would definitely be better looking.
  • On that, if you plan to use Discord as your community forum, you may wish to change the display name to "Community Discord" or something similar. This should be easy if you have the language update, but it seems to me that you are not on that version (or chose to disable it).
  • Your social media and contact links seem to be linking to your account. It may be better to make a separate account and email address for the host (and ideally, use an [email protected]).
5 hours ago, Ultimate Host said:

Yeah, I'm remaking the website with Bootstrap, so it'll be responsive.

Nice! I'll wait until it's ready for a further review.

Ok, the website's not awful. But, if I'm being fully honest, it looks kind of... bland, lifeless.

As I usually do, I like to start off with the positives :D!

1. The logo isn't awful
  2. Nice animation when hovering
  3. You didn't copy paste text, or copy-paste and change one word and pass it on as your own!
  4. The features you list actually make sense to list, and is what people are looking for

I think that many resellers here that have nice websites, have content that makes no sense to market. For example, I don't like pointing out anyone, but listing "We don't have virtual currency" makes literally no sense and nobody understands what that means other than the few people on these forums. Good job not doing that.

Ok here's my list of what could use improvements. Hope they help

Design

1. Looks incredibly bland. Washed out blue with white. No colors, no images, white and black vectors
  2. Bad padding underneath "Give your ideas a virtual future."
  3. Navbar items are very close together
  4. The button "Mysnowy" isn't immediately clear that it's a client area
  5. Looks like a website that hasn't been updated in years
  6. As much as I don't like comparing, I'm going to compare the website to Byet.Host. ByetHost's website hasn't been updated for a very long time either, but it still looks livelier than Snowflake Hosting. It has brighter colors, images, and accent colors (such as red for the buttons)

Content

1. The first 4 features you list are good
  2. After that though, you list other services you provide: Premium and Domains. To prevent clutter, I'd recommend making separate pages for these and including them on the navbar. That way, if people wanted them, they could still access them
  3. Why do people feel the need to credit the subdomain provider? There is no obligation to promote nic.ua. And, you are not "powered" by them, they only lend you a subdomain to use
  4. Same goes with "Powered by MyOwnFreeHost." Here's what I said in another post: "you don't want people to find out about it and have more competitors (unless you do!) If people truly want something like MOFH, they should find it themselves, like everyone else here did." Can you imagine how much competition everyone would have if a popular host such as ProFreeHost put that in their footer?
  5. "In current state, mySnowy registration will won't require valid email, but, we recommend you to use valid mail." Yikes, that's not exactly the most reassuring thing to see on the front page
  6. There is no copyright in the footer!
  7. If your website isn't that popular, don't add statistics. How reassuring would you feel if you signed up to Google or something and they said "We have 10 clients! Trust us with your information!" Don't get me wrong 30 registrations is great and no small feat, but, compared to other hosts, it just appears kind of untrustworthy
  8. The entire website is a single page, and there isn't a direct link to iFastNet
  9. Instead of just mentioning premium exists, why not make a page with a detailed comparison chart between plans?

Functionality

I hope you don't mind but I created an account using a temporary email address. Feel free to delete the account from the database.

1. I realized this while trying to make an account, but there is no obvious way to sign up! There's no "Create account" or "Get started" button. The only way to do it is to press the "Mysnowy" button (which isn't obvious), be directed to login, and press the tiny "Register" link.
  2. I NEVER GOT AN ACTIVATION EMAIL!!
  3. I was able to use the service without confirming my email
  4. I guess that's why you put the banner on your front page
  5. The affiliate link in the client area is "123456"
  6. There isn't much to say about the client area, to be honest. It's good, but bland. (Although not as bland as the main website.) It gets the job done really well. It's Xera backend, so that's expected

OVERALL

Well, you certainly do get most information across without trying to market useless features or mentioning nonexistent features. The client area is perfectly functional (other than the confirmation email!) However, I can't stress enough that the website looks very boring. Try improving design.

Ok that took me a good half hour to write I really hope that helped.

I see the website was revamped. Definitely looks better.

Maybe add a "sign up now" below the hero?

Kind of like this. (Excuse my graphic design please, that was drawn with a trackpad!)

I feel like there is now a bit more variety in colors, with the skin tone of the guy in the graphic.

I still feel like this section should have some more colorful icons, though:

I still feel like some parts of the website are a little bit... bland. With iFastnet's website, for example, they have a colorful graphic right away. Their buttons and text are both green and orange. Or HostGator's website. They have their colorful alligator mascot. Their color scheme is blue and yellow.

What I'm trying to get at is, I think maybe you should at least try to find a complimentary color to blue.

Maybe it's just me though. What do you think?

Also, "Installer" is spelt incorrectly as "instalator"

Either way, big improvement to the website. Good job!

16 hours ago, User51 said:

Excuse my graphic design please, that was drawn with a trackpad!

If that was drawn with a trackpad, props to you!

16 hours ago, User51 said:

I still feel like this section should have some more colorful icons, though:

It looks really weird that the left 4 are black, and the right 2 are white. 

23 hours ago, Ultimate Host said:

Alright, some minor fixes are done and Ukrainian translation is 45% done, I'll push update once I'll translate website on Ukrainian on 100% (Main Website + mySnowy). I thank everyone here for help :)

I see you added a "Take Action Now" above the header. Good choice!

On 11/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, TinkerMan said:

If that was drawn with a trackpad, props to you!

Thank you!

On 11/2/2022 at 5:46 AM, BastelPichi said:

I know its difficult, but its not called "Softacataclous"

Lol I completely missed that XD

• Ultimate Host changed the title to I invite you to review Snowflake! Hosting
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, Ultimate Host said:

Welcome! In this post I'll present you "Snowflake Hosting", this is really exciting for me, because, I worked almost 1 month on the website itself, and, spend some money 😄

mySnowy: https://snow-web.co.ua/mysnowy

It look nice, but I think

• header menu on mobile device needs to be in a dropdown or drawer.
  • Heading of features section is overlapping with login, signup button after hero section.Qo1hB1X.png

18 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

dont tell me that, tell that to @Ultimate Host\xD

Well, that's who the message was likely intended for... that and anyone else that may have that question. You don't have to assume someone's talking to you because they quoted you. 

I, for example, tend to quote people when I want to add to something they've said.

Edited by Anyx
Add my own example.