[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

High downtime and bad gateway

Hi there, 

I have been a premium-shared hosting customer for nearly 2 years, and I noticed the downtime increased significantly over the last couple of weeks. I never had any issues with the uptime of ifast servers, but now I experience downtime almost every day. 

Every time my website goes down, I get a notification, and it’s mostly a 502 (bad gateway) error from Cloudflare. My website doesn’t experience heavy traffic, and I didn’t change anything in the website configuration. According to UptimeRobot and Uptime Monitor (two different companies), the website and all its subdomains go down for 5–20 minutes per day. For clarification: It really goes down; the monitoring services are accurate; I tested it.  

What's the reason for this, and how can I fix it? And does anyone else have the same issue? (Should I provide the shared hosting server name?) 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_3056.png

Edited by cufiy
Fixed typos

1 hour ago, Burke Knight said:

You may wish to file a support ticket, and give them the info.

They may run some tests on the server your site is on and may be able to tell you what's going on.

I was going to open a support ticket, but before that, I thought maybe someone had the same problem as me. But thanks for the advice.

UPDATE:

I contacted support and they said they fixed the problem this morning.

Quote: „There was an issue with our firewall configuration that caused recently an issue with cloudflare on some sites, this was resolved this morning.“

52 minutes ago, cufiy said:

I contacted support and they said they fixed the problem this morning.

That right there, is number one reason the support system is in place for.

To do what can't be done by the forum people. 😀