[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Questions about upgrading from InfinityFree to Premium (IfastNet)

Isaac_AM

I am wondering if I have to redo my SSL certificates again or if they will all transfer. Also, will I have to do my domain redirect / DNS stuff again? 

The only reason why I am upgrading from free to premium is because for some reason InfinityFree removed their free sitebuilder in Cpanel. My website is a portfolio so I don't require paid hosting at all simply because it's not the type of website that gets traffic or takes up much bandwidth. Unfortunately, since I'm not good at creating websites I need a function to be able to edit my templates/pages easily. The old sitebuilder was amazing for that purpose. It allowed me to move around elements, easily replace photos, and adjust pretty much everything I needed to.

From my understanding the premium hosting should come with a sitebuilder? 

On 3/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Isaac_AM said:

I am wondering if I have to redo my SSL certificates again or if they will all transfer. Also, will I have to do my domain redirect / DNS stuff again? 

The only reason why I am upgrading from free to premium is because for some reason InfinityFree removed their free sitebuilder in Cpanel. My website is a portfolio so I don't require paid hosting at all simply because it's not the type of website that gets traffic or takes up much bandwidth. Unfortunately, since I'm not good at creating websites I need a function to be able to edit my templates/pages easily. The old sitebuilder was amazing for that purpose. It allowed me to move around elements, easily replace photos, and adjust pretty much everything I needed to.

From my understanding the premium hosting should come with a sitebuilder? 

Yes, this is true. You can also use a site builder independently of the hosting environment. I have recommended [REDACTED | COMPETING SERVICE] in the past for this function. They do have a free plan that could be beneficial. 

If you should chose to upgrade though all of your account settings do transfer and iFastnet provides SSL by default on all paid plan's using Let;s Encrypt Auto SSL. So, you won't even need to buy or configure any SSL Certificates manually after that