[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

MyOwnFreeHost CMS Related Help

NamVr

Hello All!

I really understand and I have already provided my consent that it is ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES.

I already said that I am going to buy a license: 

9 hours ago, Anyx said:

Hello everyone,

Yes I confirmed with my friend that I am not using a legit version BUT

I am sure I am going to buy a license only if it works according to me. Once I do all the configuration and myself try up one test account from scratch, I think there is no use to buy WHMCS, then it will be a waste of money. Also MOFH article is outdated and it doesn't work anymore with 7+ versions.

I really appreciate your interest in this forum topic.

I really understand that it is not good for use, but it is just for testing purposes, and also I have not made my hosting publicly available till now. It's common sense if I had to use WHMCS without license, I could have already provided it for public use.

#2 I have no signature like everyone's here, just putting their links to their hosting. I have not done that too.

#3 I have 3-4 accounts only that are privately made by me and my friends using Project Logged.

19 hours ago, NamVr said:

Hello All!

I really understand and I have already provided my consent that it is ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES.

I already said that I am going to buy a license: 

I really understand that it is not good for use, but it is just for testing purposes, and also I have not made my hosting publicly available till now. It's common sense if I had to use WHMCS without license, I could have already provided it for public use.

#2 I have no signature like everyone's here, just putting their links to their hosting. I have not done that too.

#3 I have 3-4 accounts only that are privately made by me and my friends using Project Logged.

Actually I tried whmcs v7.10.2 with mofh today and it's still working.

5 minutes ago, NamVr said:

How did you tried? Nulled version?

Nope! I installed whmcs for making tutorial purpose that's why i setup and checked and then deleted all the configs related to that.

5 minutes ago, NamVr said:

Anyway can you help me?

I'll only when you have a legit license.

1 minute ago, Aqib said:

Nope! I installed whmcs for making tutorial purpose that's why i setup and checked and then deleted all the configs related to that.

I'll only when you have a legit license.

Okay no issues. Anyway it seems useless to me, so I am uninstalling WHMCS. Anyway I will make my own custom client area for that.

Also waiting for Project Burger if it is going to be done soon.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, NamVr said:

This really does not matter. As long as your site is online on Byet's servers, and it is using a nulled version, it can and probably will be suspended if/when it is detected. If you want to test WHMCS without a license, you'd probably need to do it on your own computer. 

Anyway, I am going to stop this discussion here as you said:

18 hours ago, NamVr said:

I am uninstalling WHMCS

As for Project Burger I am not sure if and when development on it will be restarted, but we will probably make a post about it.

Good luck if you try making your own client area!

I have been using LOGGED for almost an year now and I've personally tried every CMS system that was even a bit popular now looking towards WHMCS I think you should either get WHMCS working (if you have the money to invest) or just use LOGGED as it's the only active project ATM if you want free and then get very good at composer and oo-php so you can make your own custom CMS for your host. Honestly that's the best i think is possible while working with MOFH as you have to shape your systems according to their rly old system and API.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, NamVr said:

Well I don't know PHP that good, yet I am good in html/css so I will make the front end. I want to know how can I integrate it.

Hi @NamVr

HTML & CSS is for frontend, you'll have to use a backend programming language like PHP in order to create functional mofh reseller website that works with api. So as long as you don't know any backend language you won't be able to create one.

You can create your own client once you have an idea of php and the working of mofh api. This might help you to build one.

Otherwise you can use WHMCS with a licence. If you use a nulled version your site will get suspended for sure.

Or you may use Project Logged which will be easier to setup with minimal or no coding skills.

As you stated , if you need a clienarea, remote login , account creation without email verification etc etc etc...it is better to build your own system that utilizes mofh api(as whmcs is not 100% compatible with mofh), then you can customise it however you want as long as you meet the guidelines of mofh. You will never get a prebuilt system like infinifree or profreehost as it is the result of their hardwork, if you want one you will have to invest your time, learn things and code thousands of lines of code.

Edited by uHost

5 hours ago, uHost said:

Hi @NamVr

HTML & CSS is for frontend, you'll have to use a backend programming language like PHP in order to create functional mofh reseller website that works with api. So as long as you don't know any backend language you won't be able to create one.

You can create your own client once you have an idea of php and the working of mofh api. This might help you to build one.

Otherwise you can use WHMCS with a licence. If you use a nulled version your site will get suspended for sure.

Or you may use Project Logged which will be easier to setup with minimal or no coding skills.

As you stated , if you need a clienarea, remote login , account creation without email verification etc etc etc...it is better to build your own system that utilizes mofh api(as whmcs is not 100% compatible with mofh), then you can customise it however you want as long as you meet the guidelines of mofh. You will never get a prebuilt system like infinifree or profreehost as it is the result of their hardwork, if you want one you will have to invest your time, learn things and code thousands of lines of code.

HTML & CSS won't cut it if he wants to make it work with MFOH so yeah I 100% agree with you on that part he'll have to have a good knowledge of php, oo-php, composer and Js. I think the MOFH API from InfinityFree is a very generous thing on their part and definitely will make life easier for anyone who's doing it. In this case @NamVr You're rly looking for an adventurous journey if you really want to make your own custom clientarea.

Now something I would rly like to note here which I think many people have overlooked and are overlooking at here is how good WHMCS really can be when you just need something that completely works flawlessly and I'd rly like to point this out now which is also why am making this in the first place.

The thing with WHMCS is how good it is with any sort of API whether it's pterodactyl, Cyberpanel, Cpanel or VistaPanel in this case... Well anyone can use this to make it work with MFOH API by default but when looking for someone custom and since as a host the main goal is to be as unique as possible and also be able to stand out from others which is where fully customizable templates for whmcs comes you are able to buy one of these and completely make it look fully custom and your clients won't be able to even know that it's a template you bought and the best part about this is that one can have no knowledge about coding and still be able to accomplish this, Now for people who know php and are a bit experienced with coding you can do very advanced things inside the whmcs product management and have it be your way completely which takes less time time to do and is a lot more stable with little to no errors. I think that for people who can't put much effort in, WHMCS is very powerful and worth it. I am still learning a lot about WHMCS myself and after using it for my free hosting for almost 2months now I'm very satisfied and I've made some custom things myself on it too. It has turned out great. I hope my experience helps out anyone who might be new and digging  around to find something to use and an un-exprienced MFOH user. Lastly if your  WHMCS is licensed and legit you can ask @360 if you need any help he has helped me a lot for mine too.

41 minutes ago, typicalGtaTG said:

HTML & CSS won't cut it if he wants to make it work with MFOH so yeah I 100% agree with you on that part he'll have to have a good knowledge of php, oo-php, composer and Js. I think the MOFH API from InfinityFree is a very generous thing on their part and definitely will make life easier for anyone who's doing it. In this case @NamVr You're rly looking for an adventurous journey if you really want to make your own custom clientarea.

Now something I would rly like to note here which I think many people have overlooked and are overlooking at here is how good WHMCS really can be when you just need something that completely works flawlessly and I'd rly like to point this out now which is also why am making this in the first place.

The thing with WHMCS is how good it is with any sort of API whether it's pterodactyl, Cyberpanel, Cpanel or VistaPanel in this case... Well anyone can use this to make it work with MFOH API by default but when looking for someone custom and since as a host the main goal is to be as unique as possible and also be able to stand out from others which is where fully customizable templates for whmcs comes you are able to buy one of these and completely make it look fully custom and your clients won't be able to even know that it's a template you bought and the best part about this is that one can have no knowledge about coding and still be able to accomplish this, Now for people who know php and are a bit experienced with coding you can do very advanced things inside the whmcs product management and have it be your way completely which takes less time time to do and is a lot more stable with little to no errors. I think that for people who can't put much effort in, WHMCS is very powerful and worth it. I am still learning a lot about WHMCS myself and after using it for my free hosting for almost 2months now I'm very satisfied and I've made some custom things myself on it too. It has turned out great. I hope my experience helps out anyone who might be new and digging  around to find something to use and an un-exprienced MFOH user. Lastly if your  WHMCS is licensed and legit you can ask @360 if you need any help he has helped me a lot for mine too.

I agree with you but I wouldn't use WHMCS with MOFH for these 2 main reasons:

• It's not 100% compatible with MOFH
  • Licence is at minimum 16$/month which is very high for providing only a free service

Each one has his personal opinion and I respect that. I just wanted to tell mine :) 

14 minutes ago, Dimitris said:

I agree with you but I wouldn't use WHMCS with MOFH for these 2 main reasons:

• It's not 100% compatible with MOFH
  • Licence is at minimum 16$/month which is very high for providing only a free service

Each one has his personal opinion and I respect that. I just wanted to tell mine :) 

I completely understand your prospective and your way of looking at it but as for the points you've made, 1) As said in my post anyone can learn php and do little modifications to the backend and it should 100% work with MFOH again and 2) for small hosts $16/m might be a lot of money but for people who are determined at making the best out of like like infinityfree and stuff the profits would be higher than cost of whmcs itself although yes for small starters WHMCS is a very bad option and that's something I'm sure many people would agree with it's just not something small free hosts should begin with unless they got the money to spare. At last these are all our personal opinions and I can respect that :)

33 minutes ago, typicalGtaTG said:

I completely understand your prospective and your way of looking at it but as for the points you've made, 1) As said in my post anyone can learn php and do little modifications to the backend and it should 100% work with MFOH again and 2) for small hosts $16/m might be a lot of money but for people who are determined at making the best out of like like infinityfree and stuff the profits would be higher than cost of whmcs itself although yes for small starters WHMCS is a very bad option and that's something I'm sure many people would agree with it's just not something small free hosts should begin with unless they got the money to spare. At last these are all our personal opinions and I can respect that :)

Hey @typicalGtaTG

You're right little tweaks can be made to whmcs, but you're not going to get complete control over your app eventhough you pay for the license. Morover starters cannot afford whmcs license as we all are basically depending on ad revenues for running sites cuz mofh is a free service, but starters without much traffic cannot rely on that.

As @Dimitris said, i also wouldn't go for whmcs. Eventhough you can get things done with whmcs it has it's own limitations. But for one who cannot or do not want to build a custom client whmcs would be far better option than the default mofh site, but you will have to forget about complete customisation & control over your system.

Edited by uHost

13 hours ago, uHost said:

You're right little tweaks can be made to whmcs, but you're not going to get complete control over your app eventhough you pay for the license. Morover starters cannot afford whmcs license as we all are basically depending on ad revenues for running sites cuz mofh is a free service, but starters without much traffic cannot rely on that.

As @Dimitris said, i also wouldn't go for whmcs. Eventhough you can get things done with whmcs it has it's own limitations. But for one who cannot or do not want to build a custom client whmcs would be far better option than the default mofh site, but you will have to forget about complete customisation & control over your system.

Thank you. This is exactly what I meant

12 hours ago, NamVr said:

Hi what happened here actually? I actually started learning php these days to start a custom client for me, however, I don't know JS :|

Hi @NamVr,

JS is not that important to build a mofh reseller site. I've only used a few lines of js in my site. So you need not worry about js, if you know php then you can build a custom client. After learning php i suggest you to learn a php framework aswell, which will make your work lot easier. Good luck ?

Edited by uHost

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 8:47 AM, freehost44u said:

Hi NamVr,

I am also interested in looking for ways to develop the reseller website using Wordpress. I wonder do you have any luck to find out any way to fulfill it?

Thanks a lot!

Would Prefer HTML site for main homepage and for signup page use project logged or make custom. Or use whmcs client area or make your own client area.