[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Zero SSL a free SSL for your site or businesses

Get Free SSL Certificates from ZeroSSL

Zerossl.com is a Certificate Authority that provides free certificates for 90 days. The free DV certificates from ZeroSSL are valid for 90 days and can be renewed easily and recognized by all the major browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

ZeroSSL Features:

• Supports free 90-days certificate as well as premium 1-year certificate with easy certificate validation and installation.
  • Provides free multi-domains certificates to protect multiple websites.
  • Supports wildcard SSL to protect a fixed or variable number of sub-domains using your SSL certificate.
  • Generates CSR automatically instead of entering general, admin and tech contact information manually, or simply paste your existing CSR.
  • Supports one-step email validation as well as CNAME validation to verify one or more domains for your SSL certificate.
  • Provides intuitive management console, allowing you to configure new SSL certificates, take care of validation, installation, and manage all of your existing certificates with ease.
  • Developers can use ZeroSSL management console to access or reset their API access key, as well as navigate to the ZeroSSL API documentation for integration guides and code examples in different programming languages.
  • SSL monitoring allows you to check the health of the certificates.

https://zerossl.com/

Is this honest offer? I cannot believe this SSL is fully free, is it a legit offer? Anybody tried Zero SSL at Byethost? :D

2 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

ZeroSSL never used to provide unlimited certificates for free, but it appears that they do now. 

On TinkerHost, I use GoGetSSL and also provide self-signed certificates from my own certificate authority. 

Good luck with ZeroSSL, it seems fast and good service as well, I will use it on my site as well now.

The web needs such services, HTTPs is very good to have on your site.

Edited by Fastniteowl

Actually, you are right.

This is the text I saw 

Access to the ZeroSSL REST API is free and unlimited in API request volume for customers subscribed to the Pro Plan or higher

But I mis-read it as saying that "Access is free and unlimited to all customers using the API".

So @Fastniteowl, ZeroSSL implementation would not be free for resellers to use.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:50 PM, Fastniteowl said:

Good luck with ZeroSSL, it seems fast and good service as well, I will use it on my site as well now.

Not entirely true, I tried to get a ZeroSSL cert 2 days ago using acme. After I completed DCV(status is success in acme.sh) , they put me on a waiting loop and at the end cancelled my order. 

Apart from that, if it works, it's still slower than Let's Encrypt and Buypass Go. Both of them issues your certificate immediately after successful DCV, but zerossl puts you in one 15 seconds wait. 

On 1/22/2023 at 3:50 AM, ChippyTech said:

You can find your credits & usage on the right. For unlimited certificates and access to advanced SSL management tools, please upgrade your account

It is possible to get unlimited zerossl 90 day using acme, which seems InfinityFree is doing it. 

For the reference: https://zerossl.com/letsencrypt-alternative/

Screenshot_20230123_105147_Opera_GX.jpg

On 1/21/2023 at 11:44 PM, Fastniteowl said:

Anybody tried Zero SSL at Byethost? :D

I did, but I can confidently say it has incompatibility. ZeroSSL's intermediate is not built it to every device. Due to byet free not supporting intermediate certs, ZeroSSL's certificate could be distrusted by some OS/browsers. I have experienced that I get security warnings with Zerossl on byet free(Windscribe VPN mobile turned on, no warnings if turned off).

For your question: Is this honest offer? I cannot believe this SSL is fully free, is it a legit offer?

ZeroSSL works perfectly like other CAs if intermediates are installed. So my answer: yes, it is legit. 

Edited by SpookyKipper

On 1/23/2023 at 1:56 AM, SpookyKipper said:

Not entirely true, I tried to get a ZeroSSL cert 2 days ago using acme. After I completed DCV(status is success in acme.sh) , they put me on a waiting loop and at the end cancelled my order. 

Apart from that, if it works, it's still slower than Let's Encrypt and Buypass Go. Both of them issues your certificate immediately after successful DCV, but zerossl puts you in one 15 seconds wait. 

It is possible to get unlimited zerossl 90 day using acme, which seems InfinityFree is doing it. 

For the reference: https://zerossl.com/letsencrypt-alternative/

Screenshot_20230123_105147_Opera_GX.jpg

I did, but I can confidently say it has incompatibility. ZeroSSL's intermediate is not built it to every device. Due to byet free not supporting intermediate certs, ZeroSSL's certificate could be distrusted by some OS/browsers. I have experienced that I get security warnings with Zerossl on byet free(Windscribe VPN mobile turned on, no warnings if turned off).

For your question: Is this honest offer? I cannot believe this SSL is fully free, is it a legit offer?

ZeroSSL works perfectly like other CAs if intermediates are installed. So my answer: yes, it is legit. 

At least they claim you can get unlimited oens via the acme.

For InfinityFree, they might also be just paying. _They got money._

As InfinityFree requires you to put in an CNAME record that links to acmedns and contains TXT records, Theyre using the ZeroSSL acme.