[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

I created my website blog/forum

Fastniteowl
Message added by Burke Knight,

Locked due to the fact the site seems to have been deleted.

This should be in the Website Review section.

===

1. I can't click on posts directly on the homepage, I have to click on the forums button.

2. It's not responsive :(

3. These button blends in the background. It looks horrible 

SmartSelect_20230128_083607_Opera_GX.jpg

If these are fixed it will certainly be a good one! 

1. Like stated above, you need to fix the menu buttons.

2. The Contact button goes to a 404 not found.

3. Make your own favicon for the site. The default WordPress one is not good to use.

4. WP has plenty of responsive themes. Where did you ever find one that isn't now-a-days?

5. For security reasons, get your email address off the site! That's why there's a contact button, to make a contact form on where spam bots won't be spamming you. I've told you before about having email address visible.

6. Get a real forum, like ElkArte, as the bbPress forum is so full of security issues and is really outdated. (Click the link and read the reviews!)

3 hours ago, Burke Knight said:

1. Like stated above, you need to fix the menu buttons.

2. The Contact button goes to a 404 not found.

3. Make your own favicon for the site. The default WordPress one is not good to use.

4. WP has plenty of responsive themes. Where did you ever find one that isn't now-a-days?

5. For security reasons, get your email address off the site! That's why there's a contact button, to make a contact form on where spam bots won't be spamming you. I've told you before about having email address visible.

6. Get a real forum, like ElkArte, as the bbPress forum is so full of security issues and is really outdated. (Click the link and read the reviews!)

I agree with everything, thanks for the suggestions.

I now use punbb instead of bbpress, it's more secured. Btw, byethost servers loads very fast ;)

Edited by Fastniteowl

Like I stated, go with something that's more modernized, like ElkArte.

All the rest are horrible when comes to responsive design as well as outdated coding.

Also, with ElkArte, you can install SimplePortal, and actually make the whole site from the forum, including the blog.

Like I do, make one board for the "blog" posts, then set a main page through SP's settings, and have it show a board news block, showing the board you use for the blog posts. Then, set that board to reply only, so only staff can make topics.

1 minute ago, Burke Knight said:

Like I stated, go with something that's more modernized, like ElkArte.

I have to ask, are you affiliated with AlkArte?

2 minutes ago, Burke Knight said:

All the rest are horrible when comes to responsive design as well as outdated coding.

Discourse? Flarum?

• 2 months later...