[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Deleted

13 hours ago, hello said:

StaticDelivr is a free, open-source content delivery network (CDN) that serves static files directly from GitHub repositories, allowing developers to easily host and share their static files without the need for additional infrastructure or costs. It's a non-profit project aimed at supporting open-source development and increasing the accessibility of online resources for all.

There are many similar projects already - jsdelivr and co. You can look at their source code. What do you need help with exactly?

JsDelivr technically is not open-source. Thier source code only has the front-end, same with CDN-JS. I am also getting alot of errors with UnPkg. 

It would be great if someone could help me with the homepage. Currently the back-end serves github but I am adding npm soon.

Burke Knight
This post was recognized by Burke Knight!

"Top notch reply."

TinkerMan was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

10 hours ago, hello said:

It would be great if someone could help me with the homepage.

Do you want help, or do you want someone to do it for you? 

I’ll be willing to help you for free, but if you expect me to do more then just give you tips and assistance, you will have to pay. 

I don’t think anyone here is going to make you a front end for free. 

More than that, do you have anything to start this project with? How will you be serving those files? Do you have the infrastructure to support this?

It seems absurd to me that the project has a ready backend but nothing frontend wise. Can you link to your repository/the place where the source code is currently available, since this is an open source project?

If you're familiar with a bit of frontend coding, and are specific, you could get ChatGPT to assist you with creating a frontend. Here's an example page it created for me, providing first the HTML and then the relevant CSS code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
	<meta charset="UTF-8">
	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
	<title>CDN | Deliver Your Content Faster and More Securely</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">
</head>
<body>
	<header>
		<h1>CDN</h1>
		<h2>Deliver Your Content Faster and More Securely</h2>
	</header>
	<main>
		<section>
			<h3>What is a CDN?</h3>
			<p>A content delivery network (CDN) is a network of servers distributed across the world that work together to deliver content more quickly and efficiently. By caching content in multiple locations, a CDN can reduce the distance between a user and the server, resulting in faster load times and a better user experience.</p>
		</section>
		<section>
			<h3>Why Use a CDN?</h3>
			<ul>
				<li>Faster load times for your website or application</li>
				<li>Improved user experience</li>
				<li>Better SEO ranking</li>
				<li>Reduced server load and bandwidth costs</li>
				<li>Increased security and reliability</li>
			</ul>
		</section>
		<section>
			<h3>How Our CDN Works</h3>
			<p>Our CDN is built on a global network of high-performance servers that are strategically located to provide the fastest possible delivery of your content. Our advanced caching technology ensures that your content is delivered from the server closest to your users, resulting in lightning-fast load times and a better user experience. Additionally, our CDN is designed to protect your content from security threats and ensure high reliability, so you can focus on growing your business.</p>
		</section>
		<section>
			<h3>Get Started with Our CDN Today</h3>
			<p>Sign up for our CDN today and start delivering your content faster and more securely than ever before. Our easy-to-use dashboard makes it simple to manage your content and monitor performance, so you can focus on what matters most to your business.</p>
			<a href="#" class="btn">Sign Up Now</a>
		</section>
	</main>
	<footer>
		<p>&copy; 2023 CDN. All rights reserved.</p>
	</footer>
</body>
</html>
* {
	box-sizing: border-box;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
}

body {
	font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
	font-size: 16px;
	line-height: 1.5;
	color: #333;
	background-color: #fff;
}

header {
	background-color: #333;
	color: #fff;
	padding: 20px;
	text-align: center;
}

header h1 {
	font-size: 48px;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}

header h2 {
	font-size: 24px;
	font-weight: normal;
}

main {
	max-width: 800px;
	margin: 0 auto;
	padding: 40px;
}

section {
	margin-bottom: 40px;
}

section h3 {
	font-size: 32px;
	margin-bottom: 20px;
}

section ul {
	margin-left: 20px;
}

section ul li {
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}

section p {
	margin-bottom: 20px;
}

.btn {
	display: inline-block;
	padding: 10px 20px;
	border: none;
	border-radius: 4px;
	font-size: 16px;
	text-decoration: none;
	cursor: pointer;
	transition: background-color 0.3s ease;
}

.btn:hover {
	background-color: #555;
}

footer {
	padding: 20px;
}

Granted, this is a very basic page that just provides some info and has a signup button, but the end result looked very nice to me, and given that you'd likely need it for specific sections and not the entire page, it could be helpful. If you're not fond of utilizing an AI model for that purpose, however, that's absolutely understandable, and feel free to ask us for assistance.

Edited by Anyx

• hello changed the title to Deleted