[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Project LOGGED v2 - Beta Testing Now Available!

PlanetCloud

TL;DR
Project LOGGED v2 is now available for beta testing. Please let me know if you encountered any issues/bugs.
Beta release: https://github.com/PlanetTheCloud/project-logged/releases/tag/v2.0-beta
DO NOT USE IN PRODUCTION!

Improved the design and features, as well as overral UX and setup experience. No more complicated network settings like in the 1.8 version.
Also support for translation (really), and color gradients!

Something to say...
Project LOGGED is one of my first and longest lasting project I've ever made, spanning over a period of five years since December of 2017 where the first few versions was released. This project alone has granted me a lot of knowledge and has shaped the way I view of the web and technology for which I am very greatful to be able to work on this and have a supporting community that helped with suggesstions and feedbacks during the early days of development.

That being said, this project has have a lot of setbacks and delays. It didn't occur to me that this version (v2) is already four months in the making, although in those times I was busy with life and studies. The last release I made was v1.8.1 which was way back in January of 2021, more than 2 years ago. During the time inbetween that and this version, I've worked on version 1.9 which was later scrapped in favor of v2's simplified design, and version 3 which was also later scrapped as it is deemed too complicated and messy (although very modular) system. I apologize for the delays and setbacks. This version was actually been planned almost two years ago, and coordinated with iFastNet support staff who agreed to modify some parts of their system to suit the need of this project. I'm very greatful and thankful for their support and kindness, for providing us all with reliable free hosting. 

It has also occurred to me that the scene has changed. Many projects have came out which claims to be a Client Area and are much more sought after by new members (although some are horribly flawed). I believe this is going to effect how this project is going to be developed in the future. Project LOGGED has always been designed in a such way that it is a setup-and-forget system. This design principle ensures Project LOGGED are the most easiest to setup, maintain, and secure, without the need to worry about security flaws and vulnerabilities or iFastNet's free hosting server limitations. That said, this version also have a "Save username" feature which when combined with Password Managers could provide experience similar to a Client Area without the hassle. 

I hope with this, Project LOGGED will still be relevant for a while.

Screenshots
image.png

image.png

image.png

Timeline
25th April 2023 - Beta Testing.
2nd 9th May 2023 - Beta Testing closes and all issues are rounded up.
?? ?? ???? - Fix all issues and release.

Edited by PlanetCloud
Added another week to Beta Test

Well at least I expected some comments such as:

• Hey it's nice
  • Something is broken, pls fix
  • Yooo it's lit
  • OMG I want this to be released ASAP
  • Can't wait for it to be released
  • Wow, such amazing features and ease of use!

But yea, this is just announcing that beta is now open

Quite honestly, I have had almost no time to myself since you posted this, and I won’t have access to a PC for a few more days at that. It’s an awesome project, don’t get me wrong, I’ve just never had the chance to really loook at it yet (Looking at code on GitHub Mobile sucks)

3 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

Quite honestly, I have had almost no time to myself since you posted this

Likewise...

1 hour ago, Burke Knight said:

Sheesh! Give people some time! LOL

Seconding that! I get you want to push things fast and have set a schedule, but I think you've given too little time on beta testing!

15 hours ago, Burke Knight said:

You only posted it on Monday. Sheesh! Give people some time! LOL

Oooh right, my sense of days has starting to fade LOL

13 hours ago, Anyx said:

Likewise...

Seconding that! I get you want to push things fast and have set a schedule, but I think you've given too little time on beta testing!

Yea I think I'll have to add another week for beta testing

• 2 weeks later...