[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Domain in MOFH using Xera

Hello guys,

I am a beginner i need help in using mofh i have used xera for client area i used my default domain itself for the client free1.0lx.net but when a user creates the account they get the following error:

ERROR :0lx.net The domain name choosen does not appear to be valid / allowed 16. .

could anyone please help me with this.

2 hours ago, Burke Knight said:

If not mistaken, this is a Byet/iFastNet domain, one of the subdomains you can pick in free hosting to make additional subdomains on your account.

I remember 0lx.net was the subdomain they gave myownfreehost resellers when signing up for the free plan back around 2007.

As for the issue at hand, I may be mistaken here, but I believe 0lx.net was for myownfreehost only and maybe still is, account sign ups used a subdomain of your subdomain "client.you.0lx.net", this is just my assumption however.

Gotcha. There are so many domains I lose track of em all. 

In that case, the domain name is the problem. When creating a MOFH account, you cannot use a subdomain provided by iFN, you have to use one of your own. 

For example, my users have to create an account with the thsite.top domain (which I own), but then can add additional subdomains owned by iFN in the control panel. 

3 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

For example, my users have to create an account with the thsite.top domain (which I own), but then can add additional subdomains owned by iFN in the control panel. 

Exactly.

12 hours ago, Wizacr said:

but I believe 0lx.net was for myownfreehost only and maybe still is

I also believe that some of the Byet/iFastNet domains will only show in the dropdown for people to select in SubDomains for clients that are using free hosting via a reseller, compared to ones that are through Byet/iFastNet. Meaning that they have some domains that are set for only clients that have free hosting accounts through someone's MOFH. This could be done to try to keep better track of who has free hosting via Byet/iFastNet vs those who signed up through a MOFH.

hey guys,

yes the domain is owned by ifastnet when i typed the domain for registering the reseller account I eventually got a free sub domain named free1.0lx.net the website works fine but when installing xera it does not allow my users to create a subdomain under it. when i created  a support ticket they told me this is not possible but if figured out some people using this domain was able to create sub domain for their clients so I ask them this and they told that this is only possible through default signup page from i fastnet that is a legacy sign up so they do allow but it does not allow a client area which uses api seems like i have to find another free sub domain that allows us to change nameservers i found one a place called azote.org but now it seems they do not allow any other option guys? 

25 minutes ago, Cyberdog said:

when i created  a support ticket they told me this is not possible

They'd know best, and would be the best to continue this with.

26 minutes ago, Cyberdog said:

but it does not allow a client area which uses api seems like i have to find another free sub domain that allows us to change nameservers i found one a place called azote.org but now it seems they do not allow any other option

This too, you'd have to discuss with support.

I'm going to guess that 0lx.net domain is still used in the backend in some way since going to that website goes to ifastnet.com these days.

15 hours ago, Burke Knight said:

I also believe that some of the Byet/iFastNet domains will only show in the dropdown for people to select in SubDomains for clients that are using free hosting via a reseller, compared to ones that are through Byet/iFastNet. Meaning that they have some domains that are set for only clients that have free hosting accounts through someone's MOFH. This could be done to try to keep better track of who has free hosting via Byet/iFastNet vs those who signed up through a MOFH.

Interesting. I seem to recall the 'subdomains' section of vPanel only let you make subdomains under either the domain you signed up under or the byethost ones like 22web.org/web1337.net/html-5.me and stuff.

Somewhat unrelatedly, it seems like there's quite a few MOFH resellers actually owned by iFN themselves that might have been used for demonstrative purposes or just simply exist for whatever reason: 4sql.net, cuccfree.com, kwikphp.com, hyperphp.com, sprinterweb.net, xlphp.net, free-hoster.net being among them... (registrant details state that they belong to iFN themselves, at least. also did the company at some point move from the US to the UK?)

Edited by roseywhite01

7 hours ago, roseywhite01 said:

I'm going to guess that 0lx.net domain is still used in the backend in some way since going to that website goes to ifastnet.com these days.

Interesting. I seem to recall the 'subdomains' section of vPanel only let you make subdomains under either the domain you signed up under or the byethost ones like 22web.org/web1337.net/html-5.me and stuff.

Somewhat unrelatedly, it seems like there's quite a few MOFH resellers actually owned by iFN themselves that might have been used for demonstrative purposes or just simply exist for whatever reason: 4sql.net, cuccfree.com, kwikphp.com, hyperphp.com, sprinterweb.net, xlphp.net, free-hoster.net being among them... (registrant details state that they belong to iFN themselves, at least. also did the company at some point move from the US to the UK?)

Generally most of the domains you can choose from in vpanel should be owned by ifastnet. Most others are simply MOFH.

• 2 weeks later...