[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Use Cloudflare with addon domain

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to hosting an add-on domain.

Today I wanted to register my domain at Cloudflare and I needed to change the nameservers.  For context, I bought a domain from Namecheap and set the nameservers to the ifast nameservers, so I can use the domain with my existing premium hosting account.

My question is, if I change the nameservers to the Cloudflare nameservers, will hosting the domain as an add-on domain still work? Or is there another way to use Cloudflare?

Thanks in advance!

change the nameservers to the cloudflare and point it to your premium hosting server 

I recommend adding a CNAME to svXXX.ifastnet.com

Or, you can also A record to the "Shared IP Address" shown in your cpanel

btw, ifastnet support is really good and fast if its their working hours

They are really helpful if you provide a paid invoice id, especially a premium hosting one

Edited by SpookyKipper

Generally if you setup the domain in Cloudflare, cloudflare scans for DNS Records and that should be all you need. Id still reccomend setting two CNAME records from @ and www to the svXXX.ifastnet.com, like spookykipper said.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SpookyKipper said:

change the nameservers to the cloudflare and point it to your premium hosting server 

I recommend adding a CNAME to svXXX.ifastnet.com

Or, you can also A record to the "Shared IP Address" shown in your cpanel

btw, ifastnet support is really good and fast if its their working hours

They are really helpful if you provide a paid invoice id, especially a premium hosting one

Thank you, it works!

I saw in the cloudflare a dns entry for whm.XXX.net. What is WHM and why can’t I login with my credentials? Do you have an idea of what this is? Thanks!

Edit: This is a WebHosting Manager (WHM in short) and it’s used by hosting providers for managing clients. That also explains why I couldn’t log in.

It's funny though because it was automatically set in the cloudflare dns.

Edited by cufiy
Update