[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

MOFH + Cloudflare

I know this has been a topic that has been discussed, and the outcome was simply its not possible.

But is there a super technical way to make it work?

Just in case you are not aware of this entire conversation thing, I'll recap it quickly.

RECAP:  MOFH requires the use of byet nameservers. This allows clients to create custom domain names, manage databases, and FTP with subdomains of your reseller domain. For example, if my domain was resellhost.com, my clients could create subdomains for their own websites like awesome.resellhost.com, manage their databases with subdomains like sqlxxx.resellhost.com and FTP with ftp.resellhost.com. If you use Cloudflare, none of these will be available for use because of the way traffic will be routed.

Would it be possible to still use Cloudflare, and just create an abundance of A records for all the sqlxxx. and ftp. sub-domains? As long as clients are not allowed to create a subdomain with my reseller domain (And the option in the control panel can be removed with some JS), it could technically work, correct? I could point the domain to byet nameservers to set it up, then change it to CF nameservers and add all the A records for it to work correctly, right? Or would this cause some sort of other issue when clients try to access the control panel, ftp, etc?

The main reason I want to do this is so all my stuff is on one domain (client-area.mydomain.com, cpanel.mydomain.com, ftp.mydomain.com ...), and so I can still get the power of CF page rules, caching, and firewall.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, MS-DOS said:

after contacting the support it is apparently not possible:
https://www.byet.net/index.php?/topic/4623-site-blocked-on-page-404

Support tells me a lot of things that are not true, so just because they say something, does not mean I believe it.

1 hour ago, MS-DOS said:

Only really talks about the one thing I was going to disable:

On 5/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, TinkerMan said:

As long as clients are not allowed to create a subdomain with my reseller domain (And the option in the control panel can be removed with some JS), it could technically work, correct?

Thanks for the reply though.

10 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

Smartest thing is to just dont have your main domain on MOFH, like InfinityFree.

It certainly would be the easiest, but why do you consider it the "Smartest"? 

11 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

If you still want that, yes, that would work.

Great. I guess I'll test it out now!