[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

how to change cpanel template for reseller cp

duckhost.ml

@Burke Knightthat is true. However, if retro themes are your first impression toward the customer, they will likely leave since they think the service is no longer maintained. 

I agree there should be an option for older stuff, but it should be more hidden in a settings menu or something.

Also, many older looks are built upon older frameworks and stuff, which might make it hard to support multiple themes.

In a perfect world, there should always be a way to choose the style you want, but that's not unfortunetely possible.

I also sometimes have a hard time transitioning away from stuff I'm used to. Using Paper Lantern for years, the new Jupiter theme in cPanel feels shocking to me. But, oh well, technology evolves and so should we.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:31 PM, duckhost.ml said:

I mean this theme

F8Xpgr.free-hosting-preview.png

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't following the topic. I'm currently working on bringing a variation of this theme (you may know it as Retro) to the project, and hope to have it ready soon!

UPDATE: I just added Retro! You can fully use the theme now! Install as you would any normal theme.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, User51 said:

We should be trying to make the new Jupiter theme, instead of bringing back old themes.

An interesting idea that's also come to me, in my tries to bring Jupiter to vPanel it didn't function properly, but since it is a different theme that should be expected. I may try and I'm open to help and suggestions, but I wouldn't like iFastNet to update to the Jupiter theme yet; Paper Lantern at least has its variations, and Jupiter is still a little young, but give it time I hope it will also support styling and/or customization options.

Edited by Anyx
Talk about Jupiter, AND RETRO IS HERE!

7 hours ago, Anyx said:

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't following the topic. I'm currently working on bringing a variation of this theme (you may know it as Retro) to the project, and hope to have it ready soon!

UPDATE: I just added Retro! You can fully use the theme now! Install as you would any normal theme.

An interesting idea that's also come to me, in my tries to bring Jupiter to vPanel it didn't function properly, but since it is a different theme that should be expected. I may try and I'm open to help and suggestions, but I wouldn't like iFastNet to update to the Jupiter theme yet; Paper Lantern at least has its variations, and Jupiter is still a little young, but give it time I hope it will also support styling and/or customization options.

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, MeTooIDK said:

its 2022 now...does pepole still like this Old Theme..?

To be honest, no. It's ugly, not responsive, and horribly spaced out.

However, read the reply I made before

On 8/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, User51 said:

@Burke Knightthat is true. However, if retro themes are your first impression toward the customer, they will likely leave since they think the service is no longer maintained. 

I agree there should be an option for older stuff, but it should be more hidden in a settings menu or something.

Also, many older looks are built upon older frameworks and stuff, which might make it hard to support multiple themes.

In a perfect world, there should always be a way to choose the style you want, but that's not unfortunetely possible.

I also sometimes have a hard time transitioning away from stuff I'm used to. Using Paper Lantern for years, the new Jupiter theme in cPanel feels shocking to me. But, oh well, technology evolves and so should we.

Again, if your service looks dated, people will not want to use it.

@duckhost.ml If you really want to use this theme, just know that:

a) It's not responsive - any mobile/tablet user will struggle, and potentially leave.

b) It sets a bad first impression. If you really want to use the theme, that's fine, but make sure that there are other, more modern and updated themes to choose from. And make sure it's not the default.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:19 AM, Burke Knight said:

@User51, I tend to think that most people that sign up for free hosting would not think that, due to the fact that updates to templates would usually have copyright dates at the bottom of the pages.

People have short attention spans. If your site doesn't set a great first impression in the first few seconds, nobody's going to bother scrolling to the very bottom of the page and reading a copyright date.

You land across these two hosts. Which would you choose?

Screenshot-2022-08-08-213741

Screenshot-2022-08-08-213841.png

These are two iFastNet-powered hosts I found over the internet. One of them is far more popular, and for a good reason.

2 hours ago, User51 said:

To be honest, no. It's ugly, not responsive, and horribly spaced out.

However, read the reply I made before

Again, if your service looks dated, people will not want to use it.

@duckhost.ml If you really want to use this theme, just know that:

a) It's not responsive - any mobile/tablet user will struggle, and potentially leave.

b) It sets a bad first impression. If you really want to use the theme, that's fine, but make sure that there are other, more modern and updated themes to choose from. And make sure it's not the default.

People have short attention spans. If your site doesn't set a great first impression in the first few seconds, nobody's going to bother scrolling to the very bottom of the page and reading a copyright date.

You land across these two hosts. Which would you choose?

Screenshot-2022-08-08-213741

Screenshot-2022-08-08-213841.png

These are two iFastNet-powered hosts I found over the internet. One of them is far more popular, and for a good reason.

I'd like to pick 2th but that's kind of silly to me

3 minutes ago, Burke Knight said:

@User51

That's why I said to update the template. There's ways to update just about any older designs to be responsive.

Also, I thought we were discussing the cPanel template, not the default home page for a hosting account. 

we were talking about cpanel but the topic seems to have changed

7 hours ago, duckhost.ml said:

I'd like to pick 2th but that's kind of silly to me

The second seems like the most updated, right? Wouldn't you trust it more, it looks like it's still maintained.

2 hours ago, Burke Knight said:

That's why I said to update the template. There's ways to update just about any older designs to be responsive.

Also, I thought we were discussing the cPanel template, not the default home page for a hosting account. 

Except many times, they are built off of older frameworks, and it would be much easier if you just update or switch frameworks.

If @Anyx can make the retro theme 100% responsive, I will eat my hat.

As for the homepage, I was showing an example of old vs. new, and what people would prefer.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:19 AM, Burke Knight said:

due to the fact that updates to templates would usually have copyright dates at the bottom of the pages.

Well, if we are talking about the vPanel, the copyright date hasn't been updated for years.

I'm also not trying to argue or anything. I just want to state my opinions. I respect both of yours too, please don't take it as a "I completely disagree with you uR aLL wRonG."

I too struggle transitioning away from older designs. I love Windows 8/10 Metro design. It's been like it for a decade. And now the switch to Windows 11... Well, I'm not going to enjoy it.

And also, now that Anyx has made the Retro theme available, you can use the Theme Switcher on GitHub to let users choose what they prefer. Which was the point of my previous post.

40 minutes ago, User51 said:

If @Anyx can make the retro theme 100% responsive, I will eat my hat.

@Anyx , please do it, I want User52 to eat a hat (Will be fun to watch)

And yes, I would pick number two. In fact, as soon as I say that the hosting company in #2 is called “example web hosting” I would leave.