[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Check out "novus"

axon

I invite you to..

alogo_q.png

novus is a free hosting service (like 99% of the hosters here) with well nothing in special than a home page that took me almost an hour to make using bootstrap and js!

You can check out novus at https://novushost.ml and tell me what do you think about it!

You can also join our discord server (https://discord.gg/tyyqfGrh9c)! (not fully done yet)

Well thats all!

The UI is nice and clean and has a minimalistic style.

However, it may be a bit too simple.

Try putting some images, graphics, or vector icons.

One big flaw of the website is that, if I didn't come from this forum, I would have no clue what it is. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the website that this is a host, that it's free, etc.

There's a pretty big lack of information in general, actually. And there isn't any need to have a sign up button underneath everything in the feature list.

There is, in fact, more information about what you CANNOT do with Novus compared to what you CAN do. You shouldn't immediately mention that there isn't support for NodeJS or Python. Instead, just say "Novus supports PHP." It get's the point across, without making yourself look bad.

You shouldn't say a word about email on your front page either. Just mention nothing about it. If you say "Mail is only in Premium" that already deters people from signing up. If you say noting about it, they sign up, and then find out THEMSELVES that email isn't supported, it's more likely they'll upgrade to Premium.

There isn't really need to mention that Tor isn't supported, that's kind of common sense. Anyone trying to set up a website like that knows that ordinary shared hosting wouldn't work.

The website is kind of lacking pages. It's literally one page telling you about one or two features of Novus (and some non-features.) Make some more pages giving more information, especially a Premium page.

Here are a couple of nitpicks:

• Wow, "95367431640625 MB of free storage!" is an overwhelming number, I can't even read that. Just say unlimited, it's not even physically possible to use that much diskspace anyway, with the files limit and upload size limit.
  • The "TOS" link belongs to the footer. Speaking of the footer...
  • There is no footer and no copyright! This is essential to a website.
  • A privacy policy is also missing! This is needed for any service you are providing on the web.
  • Advertising a file manager makes no sense, it's literally expected of any host to have a file manager, because, duh.
  • There are no margins on the sign up page.
  • The log-in page is a bit confusing, why is there a "Time travel" button? There is some HTML code snippet in the MOFH admin panel that allows you to login from an external website, you can use that
  • There's no way to get out of the login page
  • There are no margins on the signup page. 
  • There is no "Premium" on the navbar'
  • The navbar feels very empty

Don't take this massive list personally, I spent lots of time writing it to give constructive feedback and help improve your website!

3 hours ago, axon said:

with well nothing in special

There is something special about it, it's your host and your website :). Every free host is unique in its own way.

3 hours ago, axon said:

took me almost an hour

I think that's the problem, you should spend a bit more time refining the website and improving it.

I'd love to see any improvement you make to Novus!

also pls dont delete this post i spend a long time thinking about and writing my posts and it kind of sucks to have it all deleted ty ;).

8 hours ago, User51 said:

One big flaw of the website is that, if I didn't come from this forum, I would have no clue what it is. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the website that this is a host, that it's free, etc.

There's a pretty big lack of information in general, actually. And there isn't any need to have a sign up button underneath everything in the feature list.

There is, in fact, more information about what you CANNOT do with Novus compared to what you CAN do. You shouldn't immediately mention that there isn't support for NodeJS or Python. Instead, just say "Novus supports PHP." It get's the point across, without making yourself look bad.

You shouldn't say a word about email on your front page either. Just mention nothing about it. If you say "Mail is only in Premium" that already deters people from signing up. If you say noting about it, they sign up, and then find out THEMSELVES that email isn't supported, it's more likely they'll upgrade to Premium.

There isn't really need to mention that Tor isn't supported, that's kind of common sense. Anyone trying to set up a website like that knows that ordinary shared hosting wouldn't work.

The website is kind of lacking pages. It's literally one page telling you about one or two features of Novus (and some non-features.) Make some more pages giving more information, especially a Premium page.

• Wow, "95367431640625 MB of free storage!" is an overwhelming number, I can't even read that. Just say unlimited, it's not even physically possible to use that much diskspace anyway, with the files limit and upload size limit.
  • A privacy policy is also missing! This is needed for any service you are providing on the web.
  • Advertising a file manager makes no sense, it's literally expected of any host to have a file manager, because, duh.
  • The log-in page is a bit confusing, why is there a "Time travel" button? There is some HTML code snippet in the MOFH admin panel that allows you to login from an external website, you can use that

Don't take this massive list personally, I spent lots of time writing it to give constructive feedback and help improve your website!

There is something special about it, it's your host and your website :). Every free host is unique in its own way.

I think that's the problem, you should spend a bit more time refining the website and improving it.

also pls dont delete this post i spend a long time thinking about and writing my posts and it kind of sucks to have it all deleted ty ;).

Thanks man! Il try right now to fix all of those problems

Oh and also  it says "Time Travel" on the login page cause it seemed like direct admin's login page (cause the login page was inspired by direct admin)

Edited by axon

8 hours ago, User51 said:

Ok done! I added premium on the navbar, added footer and added in it the TOS and Privacy Policy! I also added the navbar to the login page!

Tho can you help me, I cant figure out how to make the signup page  centered +  I cant find the login code anywhere

Hey there!

I’m going to take a shot at this, going to go nitpicky here as well, feel free to ignore a suggestion you don’t like. 

• You need SSL. Especially since you shared an HTTPS link here. Plus, it’s free and easy to get, especially if you use Cloudflare. 
  • None of the blue signup buttons on the homepage work.
  • Put the signup form in a div, then center it. Make sure it looks good on mobile too.
  • In the footer, I would remove the text about the email. Also, I would change the email to novushost[at]gmail[dot]com. Better yet, get custom email, howdy[at]gmail[at]novushost.ml
  • “cant” should be “can’t” (footer)
  • ”normall” should be “normal” (footer)
  • Your brand name is a name, so it should be capitalized.
  • There is no way to get back to the homepage. Most people will click on the logo in the header, but it does not work. 
  • It is really annoying me. That purple loading icon is not in the middle of the screen
  • It needs more “I’m Awesome because…” content. So a longer feature section, and less “I don’t have this, this is forbidden”.
  • The table on the homepage needs a margin.

1st I do have SSL using cloudflare! I had it disabled for a while cause something broke

2nd Sorry for the buttons! I had the script removed cause I was going to remove then but then i forgot well, to remove them

3rd I tried everything! I cant make it centered!

4th I cant afford email services!

5th + 6th + 7th My bad! Thanks for correcting it!

8th Fixed!

9th Sorry IDK how to center it correctly! I think its bootstrap

10 Yea ik il change it

11 oh..

18 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

Hm. If I remember I’ll take a look when I get on PC

You use Cloudflare, it’s free. And gmail will allow you to send 500 a month for free as well.

15 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

You can use the Cloudflare email forward feature. If you dont like that, or want better documentation on how you can send emails from your alaias, you may also try out https://improvmx.com or https://forwardemail.net.

Yea ik but i cant send emails! I can only receive

8 hours ago, Chronos said:

Your forum is also throwing out MySQL connection errors.

Yea ik i accidentaly deleted the database!

I would also center the registration form - it looks weird when put to the side. A "sorry for bad ui!" will not do it on a production website.

I CANT! IVE TRIED EVERYTHING

it does not have the parameters to redirect to the sections you are mentioning (such as VPS Hosting).

How can I do that?

L.E.: Why are you using Cloudflare? It is not compatible with reseller websites!

Wdym its not compatible? What does cloudflare break?

We all know this is not true. Free hosting accounts have a limit of 5 GB.

I didn't know that 😮

The rest is fine - you did a decent job

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, axon said:

Wdym its not compatible? What does cloudflare break?

Oh I forgot about that! It breaks all client websites. So although people can create subdomains, they can’t use them, and they will never connect (You would have to add an A record in Cloudflare for every user. It’s possible with Cloudflare’s API, but not would using the MOFH API. Plus, Cloudflare only lets you have so many records, so you will hit a limit).

I strongly suggest adding some kind of image on your front page. It doesn't have to be complex either, it could just simply be a graphic.

Just take a look at how https://aeonfree.com does it.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:59 AM, TinkerMan said:

Your brand name is a name, so it should be capitalized.

Not if it's stylized that way.

9 hours ago, Chronos said:

We all know this is not true. Free hosting accounts have a limit of 5 GB

I can assure you that 99% of the end-users do not know, as they don't know we are resellers. They wouldn't know what MOFH even is. Even if they did know, this wouldn't care.

Literally nobody ever realized this until recently. With the upload limit, it's really difficult to reach this limit anyway.

What happens if you reach 5GB of storage? Does your account just get suspended?

18 minutes ago, axon said:
9 hours ago, Chronos said:

it does not have the parameters to redirect to the sections you are mentioning (such as VPS Hosting).

How can I do that?

I unfortunately don't think that's possible anymore.

https://byet.host/affiliateprogram

But it no longer works.

12 hours ago, axon said:

Add the Following Styles to center it:

display: block; text-align: -webkit-center;

Also Replace "https://order.novushost.ml/register2.php" with

"https://ifastnet.com/register2.php" or if you want, "https://securesignup.net/register2.php"

image.png

Also, Remove 

style="display: block;"

from the footer, it is the thing that causes it to go up and cover the signup form

image.thumb.png.bfd079c5b98659d63114acf76031ae06.png

Edited by SpookyKipper
Additional Notes

This section has been mentioned before for different reasons, but I believe it would be in your best interests to change it (again):

Large files? No worries! With novus you got 5GB of free storage!

While the storage limit is, indeed, corrected, I believe the "large files" part may be misleading, given that there is a 10MB size limit, so "large files" by definition cannot work.

It could be changed to "large website" or something else, I don't have an alternative idea. Just something to consider.

21 hours ago, axon said:

I'd make this suggestion..

Give your div with ID="why" 

position: relative;

replacing it's current position: absolute.

There are more elegant ways of centering your form than what I'll suggest here, but to get this done just add this to your <form> tag

style="display:flex; justify-content:center;"

This will give you your desired results.

10 hours ago, SpookyKipper said:

Also, Remove 

style="display: block;"

from the footer, it is the thing that causes it to go up and cover the signup form

idk if its me but i cant see it anywhere! i see

<footer id="ffffff" class="text-center text-lg-start bg-light text-muted">

2 hours ago, Anyx said:

This section has been mentioned before for different reasons, but I believe it would be in your best interests to change it (again):

Large files? No worries! With novus you got 5GB of free storage!

While the storage limit is, indeed, corrected, I believe the "large files" part may be misleading, given that there is a 10MB size limit, so "large files" by definition cannot work.

Sorry my bad! I didn't know that, I changed it!

1 hour ago, Wizacr said:

I'd make this suggestion..

Give your div with ID="why" 

position: relative;

replacing it's current position: absolute.

There are more elegant ways of centering your form than what I'll suggest here, but to get this done just add this to your <form> tag

This will give you your desired results.

Didn't work!

10 hours ago, SpookyKipper said:

Thanks for mentioning that! I changed it.

14 hours ago, axon said:

Didn't work!

Where you placed the styling on your <form> tag shows

style="style=" display:flex; justify-content:center;""

It should be 

Edited by Wizacr
Removed unnecessary space

16 hours ago, axon said:

idk if its me but i cant see it anywhere! i see

You set it using Javascript. But you changed the "why" class style position from "absolute" to "relative" as Wizacr suggested, which solves the issue already.

I think I saw it wrongly yesterday, my solution of the Footer actually breaks it even more, so don't do it.

For centering the form, do what Wizacr said. I can confirm it works.

Some other issues I found:

1. There is a "Â" character in the footer. You might want to change it.

2. The Security Code is always 61499

idk if I'm wrong here, but I believe there's only 322(342 if including Javascripts) Applications can be installed in Softaculous.

I counted it by going to the "Script Demos" page then logged the amount of Application Logos. (not including Javascripts)

image.png.1b5d75c9d596acee5ef5851944a3f8c8.png