[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Freenom Domains Expired

Hello I'am come back for quite a long time.
I use freenom domain for user registering hosting service and i didn't check this service and even my domains on freenom.
Then, now my freenom domains has been expired. But these website is still alive exept superadmin domains I use studenthostingga i can't acces direct but cpanel, reseller panel, and anather domain is worked. So if i re-added domain or re-register my domains has converted to paid.

what do I have to do? 
If i wait my domains to be free again and re-register again what my sites/domain i use for client is inactive??

6 hours ago, Parimu Hosting for Student said:

Edit: info and now I can't register new domain or re-register my domain owned 1 year ago is this is free again. 
Freenom block my ip and disabled vpn access (if i use vpn freenom website can't load) and If I not using VPN domain can't be added. sad :(

I believe the best course of action would be this:

40 minutes ago, SpookyKipper said:

I recommended getting something like .eu.org

or .xyz which is currently free in porkbun(you need to pay for it after 1 year tho)

A paid domain extension would create better trust between your clients and you, but if you cannot, a free service like eu.org or a domain from FreeDNS (be advised that they're not fond of VPNs, though) would be a nice solution.

3 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

Create an new account, and use a public wifi. Clear all your cookies before doing that...

While this could also, in theory, work, Freenom is known to suspend accounts without reason and take their free domains once they've become popular, or for any other reason they do not disclose, and my experience with their support has not been good. I wouldn't advise using a free domain from Freenom again, unless you're prepared to lose it and repeat the same process multiple times.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:07 PM, Parimu Hosting for Student said:

Edit: info and now I can't register new domain or re-register my domain owned 1 year ago is this is free again. 
Freenom block my ip and disabled vpn access (if i use vpn freenom website can't load) and If I not using VPN domain can't be added. sad :(

Classic Freenom. 

Same happened to me.

23 hours ago, Anyx said:

While this could also, in theory, work, Freenom is known to suspend accounts without reason and take their free domains once they've become popular, or for any other reason they do not disclose, and my experience with their support has not been good. I wouldn't advise using a free domain from Freenom again, unless you're prepared to lose it and repeat the same process multiple times.

Yes, they're known for takeovers just so they can serve ads 😒

7 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

I mean somehow they gotta make money...

That's scummy, and scammy, behavior though. They already make money from paid customers, and if they can't offer free domains in the first place, they shouldn't offer them.

Imagine the outrage that would occur if iFastNet followed the same strategy and stole clients' websites, suddenly starting to display advertisements on their domain (I'm aware of suspendeddomain, but that happens only on account suspension which is usually resolved soon, plus the client could theoretically temporarily change nameservers to not have that displayed) and not allowing them access. Or if eu.org suddenly took your subdomain and used it to promote their service. You can argue Freenom's TOS may cover it, but it doesn't make it any less scummy.

Edited by Anyx

Freenom domains due to their freeness, has been used for various bad uses.

This means that when you use one, there's warnings that show for the visitors, stating that the domain has been flagged for phishing or viruses.

Therefore, I for one, will never use them, nor visit sites that do. I also will be discussing them with the iFastNet admins, and see if they can be banned from the servers, so they don't give us a bad name.

1 hour ago, BastelPichi said:

This is not true. It is true that freenom domains get flagged more easely, but as long as you dont provide any downloads, you dont get flagged.

False #2.

I tested Freenom, and tested it with Softaculous. Installed Hesk Support to see how new version was, and every time tried to do something, got Chrome's warning about the domain being flagged for phishing. This was on a never used domain from them with .cf and it was flagged, due to the .cf.