[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

iFastNet Android App

Burke Knight

1 hour ago, BastelPichi said:

and looks like theres 3rd party trackers...

That's just to keep track of the number of installs. It shows the number in the control panel of the place where made it at.

Also, after so many running installations, ads may show in the app, as a way to cover the costs of the site that made from.

I've used their service for well over 20 years, and never had any issues with them, or the apps.

1 hour ago, Burke Knight said:

I don't have the ability to put it on Google Play right now.

If you want, I can do it. I have an account.

You would probably have to sign it using my key, but I'm not sure. Have not use Google Play for over a year. My dev account is still active though.

17 minutes ago, Burke Knight said:

If an app is posted on an app store, that is not approved by iFastNet, then it can get reported to the app store, and removed.

That can result in whoever posts it losing their ability to post apps on the app store. (Costing them the money they spent to be able to post apps.)

Before you spout out something, you may wish to check the app store's policies.

15 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

Technically yes. Practically? No. iFastNet won't care enough. Also, even if, it's likely google will just remove the app, that's it.

I was hoping we could avoid this, but it seems we've reached this situation.

Personally, I do not believe there would be an issue with anyone posting an app on the Play Store that makes use of something related to iFastNet's services, provided they don't use iFastNet's branding and/or try to promote/show the app as being endorsed by iFastNet when it is not. I don't think it would be worth of their time to pursue apps that do not violate their rules/criteria, as it could risk alienating the community. Of course in the end, iFastNet has the final say, so if planning to post an app that is related to iFastNet's services (and is not something related only to your MOFH reseller, for example) you may wish to consult support first.

Edited by Anyx

1 minute ago, Anyx said:

I was hoping we could avoid this, but it seems we've reached this situation.

Personally, I do not believe there would be an issue with anyone posting an app on the Play Store that makes use of something related to iFastNet's services, provided they don't use iFastNet's branding and/or try to promote/show the app as being endorsed by iFastNet when it is not. I don't think it would be worth of their time to do so otherwise, as it could risk alienating the community. Of course in the end, iFastNet has the final say, so if planning to post an app that is related to iFastNet's services (and is not something related only to your MOFH reseller, for example) you may wish to consult support first.

Personally, what I said, had came from the owner, and his wishes are what will be followed.

End of argument.

Just now, Burke Knight said:

For now.

This app here is just a "for now" app.

There may be a replacement sometime, that will get posted on the app store.

However, that's not really planned out yet.

Ah okay, thanks! Good to know.