[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Please review Spookhost

Spookhost is a MOFH Reseller started on June 2022. We have experienced client area and domain migrations, and we want to request the Community to review our hosting service so that we can improve it.

♦  Homepage - https://spookhost.xyz/ 
 ♦  Client Portal(Xera) - https://portal.spookhost.xyz/ 
 ♦  cPanel - https://cpanel.spookhost.xyz/
 ♦  Forum - https://forum.spookhost.xyz/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The home page looks good, some grammatical improvements could be made.

• Maybe change 'Free Website Hosting with a Good Quality' to something like 'Good Quality Free Website Hosting'
  • 'We promote Premium Hostings' hosting should have no 's'
  • 'you website without hassle' change to 'your'

Also the logo in the TOS and privacy policy goes to a 404 if there's no trailing slash.

57 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

Looks quite good, alltho its very clear its just an edited theme. The comparison to other hosts is complete bs.

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Fexo said:
  • Maybe change 'Free Website Hosting with a Good Quality' to something like 'Good Quality Free Website Hosting'
  • 'We promote Premium Hostings' hosting should have no 's'
  • 'you website without hassle' change to 'your'

Fixed! Thanks for pointing them out.

34 minutes ago, Fexo said:

Also the logo in the TOS and privacy policy goes to a 404 if there's no trailing slash.

It seems that it will go to 404 if there is a trailing slash ...?

Ok, I'll start with what I like

1. Very modern, everything seems to match and it looks quite good (This is really quite the accomplishment) 

2. Color scheme is awesome

3. Are you paying $149 a year for the file manager???

What could be fixed

1. In the forum, all the grey on the main page is a bit weird, since the rest of the site has almost no grey

2. I absolutly hate the fact that I have to get an email each time to sign in. You would lose me as a customer right there (And when you grow, that system can't be cheap)

3. On the create account page, something is wrong with the padding

4. Your namecheap link is broken

5. Cloudflare Turnstile does not accept my browser (Which is why I no linger use it), so it took me too long to create a simple account. Once again, I would leave and never return. 

6. Once account is created, the "view accounts" link does not look like a link that you can click

7. The hilighting and tiny purple text on the view account page is horrible. Make the text larger and add padding to the hilighting. 

8. Account settings page does not open, neither does the file manager. You need an error to show, or just remove the buttons, if the account is not active.

11. Control panel needs  margin for large screens, it looks pretty bad

12. My domain with valid nameservers is apparently invalid (Your domain checker is not working right)

13. I dont think having ticketed support is a good idea, but that is your call

14. When opening a ticket, I am not able to see my original message, and my email is redacted (why?)

That's all for now, you certainly have a solid start!

10 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

3. Are you paying $149 a year for the file manager???

I CNAME to filemanager.ai

10 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

1. In the forum, all the grey on the main page is a bit weird, since the rest of the site has almost no grey

2. I absolutly hate the fact that I have to get an email each time to sign in. You would lose me as a customer right there (And when you grow, that system can't be cheap)

3. On the create account page, something is wrong with the padding

4. Your namecheap link is broken

5. Cloudflare Turnstile does not accept my browser (Which is why I no linger use it), so it took me too long to create a simple account. Once again, I would leave and never return. 

6. Once account is created, the "view accounts" link does not look like a link that you can click

7. The hilighting and tiny purple text on the view account page is horrible. Make the text larger and add padding to the hilighting. 

8. Account settings page does not open, neither does the file manager. You need an error to show, or just remove the buttons, if the account is not active.

11. Control panel needs  margin for large screens, it looks pretty bad

12. My domain with valid nameservers is apparently invalid (Your domain checker is not working right)

13. I dont think having ticketed support is a good idea, but that is your call

14. When opening a ticket, I am not able to see my original message, and my email is redacted (why?)

1. If I make it at all purple, it seems too "shiny" so I used grey. However, I made the banner purple as it still looks good if there isn't too much purple.

2. I added SSO OAuth providers to help solve that, but I will certainly consider adding back Password Authentication.

3. Fixed!

4. Fixed!

5. Will be switching to another CAPTCHA provider, I'll update it when it's done.

6. Fixed!

7. Made the text larger & Changed Global Highlighting styles to not use shadowing.

8. The buttons should now be removed if the account is inactive.

9 and 10 🤔

11. If you are talking about the icons, they should align properly now.

12. Fixed!

13. I like it, as it is clear which ones I've responded to and which haven't.

14. I've added a field for Ticket Message, you should see your original message now. Email redaction is done by Cloudflare, reloading the page seems to solve it.

10 hours ago, Chronos said:

Your vPanel login page is just a lie.

Removed the fake cPanel Page.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:18 AM, TinkerMan said:

I've implemented a new CAPTCHA system, please test it if it works.

Never mind, still having a bit of validation issues, switching back to the old one

Edited by SpookyKipper
undo

4 hours ago, SpookyKipper said:

I've implemented a new CAPTCHA system, please test it if it works.

Never mind, still having a bit of validation issues, switching back to the old one

I just got a puzzle system one. It was annoying (the fact that you had to find the exact spot, because if you dragged it a bit away from it it would fail), but slightly cool I guess.

15 hours ago, Anyx said:

I just got a puzzle system one. It was annoying (the fact that you had to find the exact spot, because if you dragged it a bit away from it it would fail), but slightly cool I guess.

That one is useless currently, as I disabled the backend verification temporarily because It was having some issues, but I'll remake it today.

I believe you can move it away slightly bit, I have tried that before. At least its better than hCaptcha in my opinion. hCaptcha's challenge is way to hard and user-unfriendly.

Like this

pEmpjaj.png

New Captcha Backend Verification Setup Finished

Edited by SpookyKipper
update

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 1:07 AM, SpookyKipper said:

That one is useless currently, as I disabled the backend verification temporarily because It was having some issues, but I'll remake it today.

I believe you can move it away slightly bit, I have tried that before. At least its better than hCaptcha in my opinion. hCaptcha's challenge is way to hard and user-unfriendly.

Like this

pEmpjaj.png

New Captcha Backend Verification Setup Finished

Best hosting, the site very loads fast :D but you cannot registrate new accounts, the portal doesnt allow you to create a new account.

7 hours ago, SpookyKipper said:

Hi and thanks for reporting, this issue was confirmed and the fix should not take longer than 2 days 

Hi, how many plans can you host? Is it unlimited plans under ifastnet/byethost? :)

The forums seems good as well, you need to start advertising your hosting so you get users, I know lots of people will registrate since this site loads very fast and seems to be a good hosting.

I had a reseller with byethost with vistapanel year 2007 and lots of people registrated, its a good service and works good ;)

6 hours ago, Fastniteowl said:

Hi, how many plans can you host? Is it unlimited plans under ifastnet/byethost? :)

The forums seems good as well, you need to start advertising your hosting so you get users, I know lots of people will registrate since this site loads very fast and seems to be a good hosting.

I had a reseller with byethost with vistapanel year 2007 and lots of people registrated, its a good service and works good ;)

All Spookhost users will get the maximum resources iFastNet allows for a MOFH Plan. 

Thanks for your appreciation towards the forum, but unfortunately I am deciding to close the forum and replace it with a Blog, as I don't have to worry about spam posts. But a backup of the forum will be kept.

I will start advertising when I think it is time to do so :)

6 hours ago, Fastniteowl said:

This is the URL that doesnt load:

https://portal.spookhost.xyz/u/create_account

This issue has been resolved :D

Thanks for your review!

This is amazing, here is the plan i got:

Statistics Loading �~@�
Plan: Spookhost
FTP accounts: 1 / 1
Sub-Domains: 0 / Unlimited

Add-on Domains: 1 / Unlimited

Parked Domains: 0 / Unlimited

MySQL Databases: 0 / 400

Disk Quota: 5120 MB
Disk Space Used: 0 MB

Disk Free: 5120 MB
Inodes Used: 0 % (0 of 30019)
Bandwidth: Unlimited
Bandwidth used: 0 MB

Bandwidth remaining: Unlimited
Daily Hits Used: 0 % (0 of 50000)

flumma.spook.rr.nu
Everything works now perfectly, and this system has a good control panel :)

I think you should limit everyone to 1 plan and, not 3 accounts. If that way then you can host more users, but its up to you. Mybb is a good forum system, many will registrate on the forums and chat if you put mybb forums, just a suggestion although.

Webhostingtalk is a good forum to advertise the hosting:
https://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261

Edit:
If you need moderators in the forums, I can help out, this service will be amazing now :)

Edited by Fastniteowl

15 hours ago, Fastniteowl said:

This is a safe service, without any trojans, some hostings out there have trojans, so this will succeed since its very safe to use.

Its better than infinityfree as well, who's one of the biggest out there on free hosting. Thank you :)

How do you know it's safe? There could be a lot of unknown vulnerabilities that are not discovered.

InfinityFree honestly has more features, but thanks!

15 hours ago, Fastniteowl said:

I think you should limit everyone to 1 plan and, not 3 accounts. If that way then you can host more users, but its up to you. Mybb is a good forum system, many will registrate on the forums and chat if you put mybb forums, just a suggestion although.

Webhostingtalk is a good forum to advertise the hosting:
https://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261

Edit:
If you need moderators in the forums, I can help out, this service will be amazing now :)

wdym by 1 plan?

I used MyBB before, but there is something I'm not satisfied about. Like the original theme aren't that good, installation additional themes aren't bad, but it's hard to make one I'm satisfied about. Moreover, MyBB is kind of slow.

Webhostingtalk is using a seriously outdated theme, which gave me a bad impression. Although it seems to be still active, I don't think it's a good place to do these stuff.

12 hours ago, Fastniteowl said:

I made a small banner, that can be used to advertise:

On blogs, websites and forums :) I can send over this with psd/photoshop if you care for this logo.

logo_spook.png

Thanks for designing it, but the blue background doesn't seem to match our branding, and there is an empty space on the left, which I am not a fan of. And I'm also not using photoshop myself, I usually use Pixlr.

19 minutes ago, SpookyKipper said:

How do you know it's safe? There could be a lot of unknown vulnerabilities that are not discovered.

InfinityFree honestly has more features, but thanks!

wdym by 1 plan?

I used MyBB before, but there is something I'm not satisfied about. Like the original theme aren't that good, installation additional themes aren't bad, but it's hard to make one I'm satisfied about. Moreover, MyBB is kind of slow.

Webhostingtalk is using a seriously outdated theme, which gave me a bad impression. Although it seems to be still active, I don't think it's a good place to do these stuff.

Thanks for designing it, but the blue background doesn't seem to match our branding, and there is an empty space on the left, which I am not a fan of. And I'm also not using photoshop myself, I usually use Pixlr.

I agree, but the Captcha Backend Verification looks alright, and HTTPS and other thing on the site looks secure, make it seem safe. But it can always be improved.

The logo was a suggestion, What about SMF? Simple machines forum, that one is good as well :)

1 plan, or package for 1 user, they get 1 account, then you save space on the byet servers.

Edited by Fastniteowl

3 minutes ago, Fastniteowl said:

then you save space on the byet servers

If I provide less Maximum Accounts for each user, no one will use it since InfinityFree, AeonFree, ProFreeHost etc. all offers 3 accounts as a maximum.

Also, why do I have to save space? That's iFastnet's Servers.

4 minutes ago, Fastniteowl said:

I agree, but the Captcha Backend Verification looks alright, and HTTPS and other thing on the site looks secure, make it seem safe. But it can always be improved.

HTTPS is mandatory, having SSL Enabled on your website will not make it "look secure". However, if you don't have that padlock, it makes your website insecure.

I'm still thinking of a better Captcha alternative, but Cloudflare Turnstile is having issues with some users.

2 minutes ago, SpookyKipper said:

If I provide less Maximum Accounts for each user, no one will use it since InfinityFree, AeonFree, ProFreeHost etc. all offers 3 accounts as a maximum.

Also, why do I have to save space? That's iFastnet's Servers.

HTTPS is mandatory, having SSL Enabled on your website will not make it "look secure". However, if you don't have that padlock, it makes your website insecure.

I'm still thinking of a better Captcha alternative, but Cloudflare Turnstile is having issues with some users.

You're a good honest hosting, thats why I wanted to reg with you, instead of infinityfree. Best of wishes :)