[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

Is increasing promised quota allowed?

arroi

Greetings everyone, I have a question regarding the possibility of increasing the storage quota for users who will be utilizing the hosting services. Currently, the default storage capacity is set at 5GB, but I am curious if it is feasible to expand this limit to, say, 50GB or beyond. is it possible?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the hard limit is 5GB, and if it’s set over that, iFastNet still places a limit of 5GB on the account. 

Also, while you could set a 50GB limit (And let’s say that it is accepted and actually used), there is still the 10MB file limit, and the ~13,000 inode limit, neither of which can be changed by the reseller. 

21 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the hard limit is 5GB, and if it’s set over that, iFastNet still places a limit of 5GB on the account. 

Also, while you could set a 50GB limit (And let’s say that it is accepted and actually used), there is still the 10MB file limit, and the ~13,000 inode limit, neither of which can be changed by the reseller. 

I believe there is no default value for accounts created with MyOwnFreeHost but yes you are right there is always a limit when uploading files, inodes the goal is that you don't fill up the storage space too fast but it is possible to have a lot of storage on the long term.

On 4/5/2023 at 3:41 PM, MS-DOS said:

I believe there is no default value for accounts created with MyOwnFreeHost but yes you are right there is always a limit when uploading files, inodes the goal is that you don't fill up the storage space too fast but it is possible to have a lot of storage on the long term.

Default is 5gb