[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

The Never-Ending Always-Changing Off-Topic Thread

Burke Knight

3 hours ago, Chronos said:

I was using the built-in feature of Pop! OS for screenshots, and it was fine when ShareX was absent.

Linux has built in features that cover most functionality we need in external tools exceptionally. Still, I also do not understand developers that do not consider making a Linux version (and given ShareX's popularity, I'm surprised no one in the community covers that yet, as all popular forks that did were archived).

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, BastelPichi said:

Well yes, for screenshots windows has snipping tool, which is similar to what linux has. However what im really missing on linux is an simple, stupid drawing programm, like paint. I use, if needed https://jspaint.app, but thats the winxp version.

JSPAINT SUPREMACY

why would you need the m*dern version of W*ndows Paint, it's awful 

In any case, what's awesome with Linux is that there are a lot of open source alternatives to look for, you just have to look them up xD

On 11/24/2022 at 4:28 PM, BastelPichi said:

C**K.LI SUPREMACY

NO ONE SHALL CENSOR THIS GREAT SERVICE

Edited by Chronos
Get censored nerd.

On 11/22/2022 at 1:38 AM, User51 said:

Dell laptops are great

Ahh, yes, they are great, but I never liked latitude series because when they get heat up they become slow 🙂
I now have DELL Precision 5510

On 11/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, TinkerMan said:

Yeah, I do. But the drive I use for the backup is full, and I’m too lazy get another one out of storsge. 

remove old version of backup lol

On 11/24/2022 at 9:40 PM, Anyx said:

When caching works... a little too well:

1aed4cd5d144.png

lol

Edited by AA22Dev

27 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

I hope not lol

2 hours ago, AA22Dev said:

Yes lol 

I'm back in the race to claim my position 🏃‍♂️

Seems like there's going to be a fierce competition between BurkeKnight, BastelPichi, AA22Dev and Chronos for those two spots (and perhaps Evrifaessa's). Maybe some bets shall be placed?

The only one that doesn't worry is PlanetCloud, unless of course he decides to leave us for two years 😂 

16 hours ago, Anyx said:

Seems like there's going to be a fierce competition between BurkeKnight, BastelPichi, AA22Dev and Chronos for those two spots (and perhaps Evrifaessa's). Maybe some bets shall be placed?

The only one that doesn't worry is PlanetCloud, unless of course he decides to leave us for two years 😂 

lol, he won't leave, he will keep his position of no. 1 in leader board 😂

16 hours ago, Anyx said:

Maybe some bets shall be placed?

I'm going to win this race, put a bet on me :-)

6 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

Even if I would spam, as long as I would spam an decent amount before I get banned, Id still stay on the leaderbaord, as deleted posts also count. xD

@Chronos can fix that, don't you worry about it.

6 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

No you wont.

The race is on, then! 

Latest Update: 

PlanetCloud in the leading spot with the astounding 1001, followed by Anyx's 828, as we move to a contestant that's left a long time ago, Evrifaessa, but still holds the outstanding record of 660 posts, followed by BastelPichi with 625, closing in is Chronos in the 5th spot with 618, right as BurkeKnight's 610 threatens his spot, finally reaching to AA22Dev with 601, and a lot of confidence and effort in moving his score up and surpassing the others!

Edited by Anyx
828. Tip: Update your own count before you post.

7 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

Well from experience it takes mods 3 hours to get online, thats defenetly enough time to spam.

A little tip for @AA22Dev: a quick way to increase new posts is to point out spelling mistakes in your contestants' posts, as demonstrated by BastelPichi here.

Of course, you can also do the same @BastelPichi... although you could also call this a banning speedrun.

Maybe I should develop some new super duper cool MOFH tool so people start spamming? lol

Double-posting in less than a minute should be considered cheating (unless it's a response that couldn't be posted in the original because the other message was written when writing the original, like mine to yours :D)

Quoting myself again:

7 hours ago, Anyx said:

you could also call this a banning speedrun.

EDIT 2: Oh you meant creating a useful tool for MOFH to get people to interact, not a spamming tool. Apologies. YES, DO THAT. That should be encouraged!

@AA22Dev, about those Wybe plans?

I love how Chronos just butts in and knocks out the fun. This competition will have to continue quietly :)

Best of luck to all competitors

I should develop some new super duper cool MOFH tool so people start spamming?

Can't be that hard, there are not CAPCHAs...;

23 hours ago, Anyx said:

I bet my position, now go and get it! :D 

Lol, I'm coming for that position

22 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

No you wont.

I'll, I can also spam

22 hours ago, Anyx said:

A little tip for @AA22Dev: a quick way to increase new posts is to point out spelling mistakes in your contestants' posts, as demonstrated by BastelPichi here.

Of course, you can also do the same @BastelPichi... although you could also call this a banning speedrun.

Nice tip, I'll consider it lol

22 hours ago, Anyx said:

@AA22Dev, about those Wybe plans?

Wybe Forums

Latest update:

Keeping his position in what seems like an unbeatable lead, @PlanetCloud holds the top of the leaderboard steady with his 1001 posts. @Anyx is clearly motivated, with a score of 832, well past Evrifaessa's 660. With possible spamming on the horizon, @BastelPichi rounds out the top 4 with 636, and @Chronos is not far behind with 625.

Coming to you with 561 posts, and certainly not anywhere near the leaderboard is myself, @TinkerMan

Weird how it lets you ping youself...

Edited by TinkerMan
Can't spell

1 hour ago, Burke Knight said:

Yes, until it changed to post counts, then it seemed to stick there.

That was only recent, though. Isn't that the intention of the thread?

51 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

What is the most disgusting thing you have seen another human do? Describe in detail!

It is customary the one asking a question about experiences provides theirs as well...

9 hours ago, Anyx said:

It is customary the one asking a question about experiences provides theirs as well...

Yes, I tend to agree.

My answer is not a disgusting one, but more a "Some people should not have a computer" one.

When me father and I had our computer store back in the 1990's, we had a customer buy a computer, then return with it a month later. He was claiming it was not working right anymore.

When we asked what was wrong, as we hooked it up so could check it out, he said:

"The coffee cup holder is not working." As he pointed to the CD-ROM.