The Never-Ending Always-Changing Off-Topic Thread

Burke Knight

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2023 at 6:28 PM, BastelPichi said:

And i believe more people would actually use hcaptcha If it was a Bit more "intelligent")

More like if CAPTCHAs actually, y'know, stopped bots. They seem to infuriate legitimate human users more if anything.

Also it has become an internal joke with me and a friend to refer to MOFH resellers as 'blyathosts'. Not that we hate the service or anything, it's just funny-sounding.

5 hours ago, roseywhite01 said:

More like if CAPTCHAs actually, y'know, stopped bots. They seem to infuriate legitimate human users more if anything.

Well I mean they probably stop some users... some inexperienced scraper lol

Personally I have like 3$ balance with 2captcha and if I ever need to bypass some Ill just sue that...

6 hours ago, roseywhite01 said:

Also it has become an internal joke with me and a friend to refer to MOFH resellers as 'blyathosts'.

I would have thought it'd be "blyethosts", after Byet 😜.

6 hours ago, roseywhite01 said:

They seem to infuriate legitimate human users more if anything.

Very true, especially for services like hCaptcha... at least Invisible reCAPTCHA and Cloudflare Turnstile are less annoying, no idea if they are very effective though.

Welcome back!

4 hours ago, Anyx said:

I would have thought it'd be "blyethosts", after Byet 😜.

Very true, especially for services like hCaptcha... at least Invisible reCAPTCHA and Cloudflare Turnstile are less annoying, no idea if they are very effective though.

Welcome back!

I dont really agree on Turnstile.. because if you fail, there is often nothing you can do, other than clicking again and hoping you dont fail this time - with invisible recaptcha you just get an visible captcha, and this is how I beleive turnstile was actually intended (dont get me on that).

1 hour ago, BastelPichi said:

I dont really agree on Turnstile.. because if you fail, there is often nothing you can do, other than clicking again and hoping you dont fail this time

I was afraid you'd say that, was hoping something had changed since the initial release...

1 hour ago, BastelPichi said:

with invisible recaptcha you just get an visible captcha, and this is how I beleive turnstile was actually intended

It is a far better option for sure.

On 11/4/2023 at 10:25 PM, BastelPichi said:

Well hcaptcha has an accesibility cookie which is not too bad

It doesn't have an audio CAPTCHA though, which I find much easier to do with reCAPTCHA.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:36 AM, Anyx said:

Invisible reCAPTCHA

As much as it's Google, it's still the best option end-user wise imo.

That said, I'd take a sortable Q&A if it's for say, a forum or something covering a relatively niche topic. board.eclipse.cx has a particularly amusing take on this.

ySYI5qk.png

(For the record, that site has had exactly one spammer register in the three years it's been online or so. Whoever you were, congrats lol.)

37 minutes ago, luluhoste said:

Turnstile était en Béta il n'y a pas si longtemps, peut être vont-ils encore l'amélioré pour le rendre plus stable...

---trad google---

Turnstile was in Beta not so long ago, maybe they will improve it further to make it more stable...

It's out of beta now, and I so far has no issue with it

On 11/15/2023 at 10:48 PM, luluhoste said:

Pour bien changer de sujet 😆:

Quel est votre éditeur de code favoris ?

Moi, c'est atom.io...

---trad google---

To change the subject 😆 :

What is your favorite code editor?

For me, it's "atom.io"...

Visual Studio Code for both Windows and Linux.

Notepad for Windows

GNOME Text Editor for Ubuntu

I had issues with atom before where it shows good in the editor but when I copy the text all indentation messes up and I spent 30 minutes fixing them or my software will hate me.

Moreover once when I was installing Atom on my Ubuntu computer I accidentally deleted the whole Ubuntu GUI (idk how I did it)