[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

MOFH Beta Testing Opportunity

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/14/2022 at 10:39 AM, TinkerMan said:

Are there any features that you would like to see implemented @JaiktDev @Mahtab Hassan @qwe @BastelPichi?

1. Use hCaptcha instead of reCAPTCHA during  login verification.

Pros: You can even get a bit money when your user complete hCaptcha, and Google got some nasty privacy violation issues, and steal their user data.

2.Tickets connect with the support center of https://panel.myownfreehost.net/

Pros: Tickets can automatically submitted to company's support team, and reseller won't need to submit it. And user don't need to go to their Vpanel to view their previous support tickets.

3. A few features learned Infinityfree.

- SSL dashboard, like what Infinityfree offers (please see attached screenshot). Options for different SSL provider.

- Go Premium button, placed at a noticeable position on each page, for example beside the avatar like Infinityfree does.

Infinityfree receive from ad views by split each function that can complete in one page into 2-3 steps, which each page views and engagement, however, it doesn't decrease the user satisfaction. This leads to a win-win.

4. Domain purchase function, linked with freenom API. (then it will need to link with Paypal business I purpose for online purchase)

How does the above thoughts sounds? Hope these are helpful to you. I can give you more. However, I don't want to see as a demanding person though. Please let me know what do you think.

截屏2022-06-17 上午10.11.45.png

1 hour ago, qwe said:

Use hCaptcha instead of reCAPTCHA during  login verification.

Already done!

1 hour ago, qwe said:

Tickets connect with the support center of https://panel.myownfreehost.net/

Certainly something to think about, and will probably be implemented later. I will be able to handle 80% of tickets, the remaining will be manually sent to support. If it gets out of hand, I will set that up. 

1 hour ago, qwe said:

SSL dashboard, like what Infinityfree offers

Currently only offering GoGetSSL, but am wanting to add ZeroSSL and Self Signed in later (ZeroSSL still has some occasional API issues, and Free Hosting (Testing ground) does not seem to support my Self Signed code). 

1 hour ago, qwe said:

Go Premium button, placed at a noticeable position on each page, for example beside the avatar like Infinityfree does.

I don’t want to get annoying with it, but it will always be accessible, and will link to my “About Premium” page where users can learn more before they buy. I currently have a link under the drop down menu if you click on your user icon, and in the sidebar. 

1 hour ago, qwe said:

Infinityfree receive from ad views by split each function that can complete in one page into 2-3 steps, which each page views and engagement, however, it doesn't decrease the user satisfaction.

This is something I thought about a few weeks ago. When on a slow connection, the waiting time is bad (Also, multi-page forums that are quite short annoy me). Since I was able to condense a lot of things (Ask the user less questions), I just separated it. 

After I get a good about of clients, this will be a good thing to run an A/B test on. 

1 hour ago, qwe said:

Domain purchase function, linked with freenom API. (then it will need to link with Paypal business I purpose for online purchase)

FREENOM!?! I currently have all domain functionality pointing to NameSilo. I did reroute the domain forum in the control panel, and have a page on my main website. However, do you think it would also be a good idea to put a link on the “View Account” page, or would that be going to far?

I am confused on what you mean by “PayPal Business” though, why would people be paying me?

1 hour ago, qwe said:

How does the above thoughts sounds? Hope these are helpful to you. I can give you more. However, I don't want to see as a demanding person though. Please let me know what do you think.

Great! It really shows that you know what you want to see in a service, and what I should give as a provider. And by making suggestions like that, I will never see you as demanding (Unless you demand that I Increase every single limit 😂).

And if you have more, I would love to hear them!

57 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

ZeroSSL API costs 10$ per month

I didn’t know that (I also have not looked into it yet). 

57 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

For self signed certs, theres literally no need.

Cloudflare? Plus, the less you have to mess with something (renew it), the less issues you have with it. 

58 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

One cool feature of course would later be a two letter domain for subdomains.

After I make some money 😂 

58 minutes ago, BastelPichi said:

Other than that, your client area sounds awesome!

Thanks! I hope that statement stays true after you see it!

On 6/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, TinkerMan said:

Certainly something to think about, and will probably be implemented later. I will be able to handle 80% of tickets, the remaining will be manually sent to support. If it gets out of hand, I will set that up. 

It will be much appreciated if you will be able to set that up. And from my personal experience, the service offered through Vpanel tickets is responsive and also very friendly. And if it is automatically sent to support, then reseller won't need to login in panel.myownfreehost.net . (I suppose that is the only way to check service request, there is no way to receive email notification for new tickets, right?)

I don’t want to get annoying with it, but it will always be accessible, and will link to my “About Premium” page where users can learn more before they buy. I currently have a link under the drop down menu if you click on your user icon, and in the sidebar. 

I have attached a screenshot where the Go premium button was placed right beside the avatar. I don't find it annoy. Other people may have different opinions though.

Free Hosting (Testing ground)

Do you mean that because free hosting account being free so your script doesn't work? I believe Let's Encrypt will be the best if you can get it work in one click like infinityfree does.

Just in case if you want to check out this video:

After I get a good about of clients, this will be a good thing to run an A/B test on. 

I did not have UE/UX working experience. However, I have been a webpage designer for a while. I would be happy to check out the current layout of the website, and offer my insights to you. Just in case if you will find any of them helpful.

However, do you think it would also be a good idea to put a link on the “View Account” page, or would that be going to far?

I think it's always good to add a link for potential purchase. Or just for advertising. Plus, if you add a link on the "View Account" page. It leaves a place for AD when the domains are on SALE.

FREENOM!?!

I get all my domains from FREENOM, I think they offer competitive price.

Here is the namesilo price:

377753654_2022-06-2411_18_06.thumb.png.c6d1817aedf1cea04529ea63cc18172e.png

And here is Freenom price:

730855985_2022-06-2411_17_34.thumb.png.1d4cec3f1ebdbf8580548f4dc137a26c.png

Yes. I just paid for US$6.71+tax for a year, plus free ID protection. I believe if I get what's best for my customer, my company looks good too. By the way, the US$10, not Euro, it's deposit money.  https://www.freenom.com/en/resellers.html

with freenom API. (then it will need to link with Paypal business

Because using Freenom API, it the reseller sell the domain to their customer, and then pays Freenom. So the website will need to have online purchase function. That's why I mean Paypal Business.

And if you have more, I would love to hear them!

:D I am happy to know that your are welcome more ideas. Please give me sometime. I will get back to you.

截屏2022-06-24 上午9.50.46.png

9 hours ago, qwe said:

Plus, if you add a link on the "View Account" page. It leaves a place for AD when the domains are on SALE.

True, its something to consider. 

9 hours ago, qwe said:

And from my personal experience, the service offered through Vpanel tickets is responsive and also very friendly.

From my experience, it is neither fast nor friendly. The speed may just be because of my location (I am messaging them during their nighttime), but all their replies seem to be cut and dry, and they never give me the answer I am looking for! It once took me 6 replies (6!) before they finally said that “No, this is not supported”.

9 hours ago, qwe said:

Do you mean that because free hosting account being free so your script doesn't work?

Yep! I am in contact with another reseller who provides SelfSigned certificates, and they were generous enough to provide their code. Since it did not work, and it was the same code they used in production, I have a strong opinion that the server is blocking it. 

9 hours ago, qwe said:

I think they offer competitive price.

I guess you are not wrong here. They just seem a bit untrustworthy to me. And since a domain is kind of the foundation of the entire thing…

9 hours ago, qwe said:

it the reseller sell the domain to their customer, and then pays Freenom.

Sounds like work :)

I have never had good luck with payment processing.

9 hours ago, qwe said:

Please give me sometime. I will get back to you.

Of course!

——

AHH! The forum sucks. I accidentally reloaded that page and I lost my draft of this post. 

Someone makes a ticket? Did the system encounter an error? Did someone try to hack me?

Instead of getting an email, I get a notification! This will allow me to save a lot of money, especially if lots of people get suspended (Because notifications are free and email is not). 

A7-E52-CC7-4639-419-B-8-FBD-BD695789201-

This suggestion is about ads.

If someone use free hosting service, and they want to offer their website for the reseller to publish ADs.

It will be really simple to add the subdomain into the reseller Adsense account. Since

Can I run Google ads on subdomain?

Yes, you can place ads on your subdomain if you got approval for main domain from Adsense. Add your subdomain as well in Adsense for safety.

Any way, anyone work on website wants to earn some money, and by rewarding the free hosting users, I believe more user would sign up.

And Google Adsense offer earning reports for different subdomains (please check this screenshot https://imgur.com/npNqIOz https://imgur.com/npNqIOz https://imgur.com/npNqIOz), it's make things earlier to split the money for agreed ratios. How does this sound?

I haven't thought a way to repay the subdomain owner, maybe the top 3 subdomains that generate the most money will be rewarded with amazon gift cards?
Edited by qwe

18 minutes ago, qwe said:

If someone use free hosting service, and they want to offer their website for the reseller to publish ADs.

I will have the ability for users to perchance ad space in the client area, to get their website out to others (And low pricing for unlimited clicks as well).

19 minutes ago, qwe said:

it's make things earlier to split the money for agreed ratios.

Until someone violates adsence’s terms and gets your entire account suspended. 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:25 AM, TinkerMan said:

Update

MOFHY-Lite:

Screenshot-2022-06-15-182237.png

My Client Area:

Screenshot-2022-06-15-182249.png

Some "Code Smells" and "Bugs" were dismissed because they did not pose harm to the application or its users, but rather commented on the HTML standard. 

👏

On 6/2/2022 at 4:08 AM, TinkerMan said:

Hello!

I am looking for some people that are interested in beta testing my new MOFH reseller service that I plan to release in a few months (Maybe 5?). 

In the coming weeks, I would love it if some people would like to test what I have so far, and provide feedback, especially on things that should be fixed (No fix is too small)! I would also love security/penetration testing as well.  

What do you get out of this? Special status once I release this project publicly, and my thanks.

If you are interested, reply below or PM/DM me. Include a sentence or two about why you want to beta test (Not a paragraph please, this is not a language class :) ).  If you PM me, also include an email address or Discord username for contact. 

I am planning to release for private beta in a few weeks to a few months, but I want to know if anyone is actually interested in testing it or not.  

Questions? Put those below as well. And mods, if you don’t want this type of post here, you won’t hurt my feelings (too much) if you take it down. 

test wat?!?! i want test too xD sorry it has been 27 days

1 hour ago, BastelPichi said:

They are down rn?

In select countries, the DNS servers are never responding to requests. It may be fixed now. 

30 minutes ago, MeTooIDK said:

! i want test too

Could you provide a sentence or two about why you want to test?

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to everyone, real life events have temporary paused the development of the application. 

However, I am still on track to release the private beta to you by the end of September at the latest (But hopefully sometime in late August). 

Stay tuned, and feel free to ask any questions or add your suggestions!

If you had to pick one, what “Signin With” login system would you like to have in addition to the basic username and password?

Login with Facebook

Signin with Google

Signin with Apple

Signin with GitHub

Other

Edited by TinkerMan

Ok!

Another update for everyone

Login with Google will be added as an alternate login point (Username, Password, and 2FA will still work). If you already have an account, you will have to confirm your password to use it.

I know it goes against what I said before, but I am adding an "Install Wordpress" button directly in the client area (For easy softaculous access).

And if anyone knows how to automatically create CNAME records, and add SSL data to the control panel automatically, I may just pay for the knowledge.

Lastly, below is the current list of testers. Does anyone else want in (Maybe @Dimitris or @Chronos).

@Mahtab Hassan

@BastelPichi

@qwe

@JaiktDev

@MeTooIDK

On 7/26/2022 at 1:11 AM, TinkerMan said:

Ok!

Another update for everyone

Login with Google will be added as an alternate login point (Username, Password, and 2FA will still work). If you already have an account, you will have to confirm your password to use it.

I know it goes against what I said before, but I am adding an "Install Wordpress" button directly in the client area (For easy softaculous access).

And if anyone knows how to automatically create CNAME records, and add SSL data to the control panel automatically, I may just pay for the knowledge.

Lastly, below is the current list of testers. Does anyone else want in (Maybe @Dimitris or @Chronos).

@Mahtab Hassan

@BastelPichi

@qwe

@JaiktDev

@MeTooIDK

Yes?