[MUST READ] Forum Rules ×

MOFH Beta Testing Opportunity

On 7/26/2022 at 4:11 AM, TinkerMan said:

Ok!

Another update for everyone

Login with Google will be added as an alternate login point (Username, Password, and 2FA will still work). If you already have an account, you will have to confirm your password to use it.

I know it goes against what I said before, but I am adding an "Install Wordpress" button directly in the client area (For easy softaculous access).

And if anyone knows how to automatically create CNAME records, and add SSL data to the control panel automatically, I may just pay for the knowledge.

Lastly, below is the current list of testers. Does anyone else want in (Maybe @Dimitris or @Chronos).

@Mahtab Hassan

@BastelPichi

@qwe

@JaiktDev

@MeTooIDK

where is ur client area url 😁

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, MeTooIDK said:

where is ur client area url

It will be sent to you once the public beta is ready. 

Currently, I am experiencing some SSL issues that are breaking some API functionality, and I still have a few more features to add. Current ETA is about 2 months to public beta. I also want to completely redo the UI, and I still don’t have a homepage. 

5 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

You can only use the softaculous direct login for a few hours

Yeah, I figured that out the hard way :)

On 7/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, TinkerMan said:

Login with Facebook

Sorry that I did not see your post earlier. I think adding Facebook Login will also be a good choice, maybe people will recommend the hosting service using their Facebook account.

Will we be able to get a record if someone is registered through their friend's referrer link?

On 7/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, TinkerMan said:

Another update for everyone

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to testing your code.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, TinkerMan said:

I know it goes against what I said before, but I am adding an "Install Wordpress" button directly in the client area (For easy softaculous access).

It's sounds like a good feature. However, for my own experience, my database created by Wordpress in the softaculous went missing, and it's not in listed in the freehosting database. Can you do something about it? For example, getting the database in the freehosting database. I am not sure if I make myself clear.

15 hours ago, Mahtab Hassan said:

you are right bro

i have some idea.. 🤔
get PHPSESSID(cookie🍪) then post panel.reseller.domain/panel/modules-new/cnamerecords/add.php to add custom cname,is this possible?(i think its possible)
yqEHbqw.png

Edited by MeTooIDK

6 hours ago, MeTooIDK said:

i have some idea.. 🤔
get PHPSESSID(cookie🍪) then post panel.reseller.domain/panel/modules-new/cnamerecords/add.php to add custom cname,is this possible?(i think its possible)
yqEHbqw.png

i don't think so because session expires in a few hours and need to be refresh.

11 hours ago, qwe said:

Will we be able to get a record if someone is registered through their friend's referrer link?

Hmm. I did not think about a referral program. However, what would the reward be? It’s not like I will be able to afford to pay them.

11 hours ago, qwe said:

my database created by Wordpress in the softaculous went missing, and it's not in listed in the freehosting database.

Does WordPress still work? If so, create a new database with the exact same name. There was a bug in softaculous a few months ago that caused this to happen. Caused quite the panic as well. 

7 hours ago, MeTooIDK said:

get PHPSESSID(cookie🍪) then post panel.reseller.domain/panel/modules-new/cnamerecords/add.php to add custom cname,is this possible?

It’s possible I’m sure (Make a call somehow in the backend to cpanel, and log the cookies that are returned, then post the CNAME record). But that would take awhile. Maybe I’ll tackle something like this after I get something actually launched. 

11 hours ago, TinkerMan said:

Hmm. I did not think about a referral program. However, what would the reward be? It’s not like I will be able to afford to pay them.

Does WordPress still work? If so, create a new database with the exact same name. There was a bug in softaculous a few months ago that caused this to happen. Caused quite the panic as well. 

It’s possible I’m sure (Make a call somehow in the backend to cpanel, and log the cookies that are returned, then post the CNAME record). But that would take awhile. Maybe I’ll tackle something like this after I get something actually launched. 

1b or 1kb or 1mb or 1gb disk/bandwidth? xD

Well that’s an issue. I don’t trust the whole bitcoin/blockchain thing, so no way is that going to happen (Let alone that it is an accident waiting to happen, and it’s real money that I could loose, so no). 

A trade instead? Like maybe early access (Access as soon as I confirm the scripts work)? Or something else?

And I don’t want to reward people with higher limits, because then the base limits are going to be lower than other free hosting providers. 

13 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

As the API only takes the client credentials, (i know, still a bit sus)

Or maybe I could lease it instead? Run it on my own server and pay you a licensing fee? Eh, we can figure it out when you publish. 

13 hours ago, BastelPichi said:

I also will be gone from the 1st to at least the 15th

I am assuming that means you are going on vacation. If I’m correct, have fun!

I kind of figured the meme was from a movie, but I am too lazy to figure out which one and learn more about it. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:58 AM, TinkerMan said:

*Looks at watch*

*Looks at the time I posted*

*Looks back at watch*

I would love to, if only I knew how to contact you there…

Were you able to contact Chronos on Discord? He's on the iFastNet Community Discord, if you're there.

I'd also be interested in testing if you still accept applicants.

9 minutes ago, Anyx said:

Were you able to contact Chronos on Discord

No, but the beta is not yet ready. 

He's on the iFastNet Community Discord

I was not aware that one exsisted! Can you send me an invite link?

I'd also be interested in testing

I would love to have you! Can you give a sentence about why you want to test?

Edited by TinkerMan

4 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

I was not aware that one exsisted! Can you send me an invite link?

Sure, https://dsc.gg/ifastnet.

5 minutes ago, TinkerMan said:

I would love to have you! Can you give a sentence about why you want to test?

I'm interested in seing how it will compare to other MOFH resellers, and what it offers, from what I have read on the thread it seems to have many interesting features implemented so I'd love to test them all and see if I can find any issues, lol.

• 5 weeks later...

WooHoo! After who knows how many months have gone by, Testing is now open!

For those that are testers, you can find all the information you need in the Discord. When reporting bugs, suggestions, errors, etc, make sure to do so in the correct chanel.

Did not make it here in time, that's ok! You can always check out the main site, and add your email to the "Give My Updates" list!

So, what did I call my new webhost (Hint, it is named after me)

Spoiler

TinkerHost!

URL: https://tinkerhost.net

I'll let you know when we go live!